Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    That's the part I like best about my job. Of course, once in awhile you get somebody who's in a bad mood or just plain mean, but most people are good and kind. I believe that every encounter with somebody is a spiritual teaching or learning experience, even if it's only one minute with a customer. When you think of it that way, every day is an adventure.
    Pm I love that...gonna have to print that and put on my desk as a reminder.....thank you

well, I have enjoyed reading this thread..all have such intresting stories and life experiences.

While I started out as and am still curently a licenced hardresser in my home state, I no longer do that for a living. I worked for glenby international, a company in New york that had shops in upper end stores like Saks, Macys and the old John Wannamakers, I gave that all up to be a full time wife and Mother .( You dont get a second chance raising your kids ) .

While our son was small I did do some part time work/ seasonal work.
    Then for 9 years I managed a book store in a private school . I loved that job but then we moved to another part of the state so bye bye job..

I now have over ten years expierence in the medical office proffession, having worked in two specialized offices.
    I love what I do now...mostly insurance work and appt setting . But dealing with the public is hard. Our pts are mostly elderly who cant see or hear too well and it becomes a challenge.
    My motto has always been to treat others as I myself would want to be treated. I also look at every patient as someone 's mom, dad grandparent , or other family member and stop and take a deep breath and think "how would I want someone to treat my family member " and it usually goes ok...
    I also live by the motto " dont let someones negativity spoil your positivness"

I have the Eagles calendar as my desktop at work, & one of the interns came in my office & asked, "Who are those old guys???" I just laughed..

TT; I have a whole new outlook on the elderly...While I used to become annoyed by them, (they walk too slow, can't hear you, so you have to repeat things....etc...) I now think, one day hopefully, that is going to be ME...if I'm not dead! So have patience with you elderly neighbors & patients. Yes, they are somebody's mother, or grandmother..They deserve respect & patience. They aren't up on technology, heck, I'm even having trouble with that. Oh, wait, I'm OLD...I mean I'm not THAT OLD, but old.

Thanks TK
    very kind of you to say.
    I do get frustrated sometimes on my last nerve but then I look at the picture at my desk taken after the eagles show on sept first at revel of a bunch of us so happy next to my photo of the beach and i just smile.....the teck guy even found my shell which I have worn a groove in from rubbing between my finger and the thumb when I am getting frustrated lol..
    At the end of the day, I hope I make a difference in the lives of some patients who cross my path.
    I also found what you did in your former life to sound like tons of fun wih lots of stress...lol

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We all have our Eagles pics somewhere, don't we? I have a pc of Glenn that I took in LA taking up pride of place in my locker, and also one of Soda and myself that her sister took of us in Dublin last year. Means that every time I open my locker I have a big smile on my face.
    Makes those harder days easier to bear knowing I have my dose of Glenn to look forward to.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    We all have our Eagles pics somewhere, don't we? I have a pc of Glenn that I took in LA taking up pride of place in my locker, and also one of Soda and myself that her sister took of us in Dublin last year. Means that every time I open my locker I have a big smile on my face.
    Makes those harder days easier to bear knowing I have my dose of Glenn to look forward to.

see u get it lol

I have a picture of the guys from lrooe , and another picture of zelda, va, hh, Nancy, me and dreamer taken by JAHH as we all met up outside the veue..It just brings back such happy memories to me and makes me smile each and every time I also have a picture of HH JAHH VA dreamer and I taken by HH'sdh after don henley at the revel in feb..another great nite on my desk at home ,...nothing lke having friends who "get you"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    My job is very rewarding most days. Somedays it tears your heart out.

We had a student who for the first month was a royal pain, then he settled down got some credits caught up and had a credit or two ahead. Ended his "drug class" last week and we had just given him a 1/2 day schedule as a reward for doing well and getting caught up on his classes/credits on Wed. On Thursday he came to class totally blazed AND had stuff on him to keep him high during the day. Sigh...needless t osay, he is gone
    Oh, so sad! That would be hard to take happening very often. It's hard to understand people sometimes.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    My job is very rewarding most days. Somedays it tears your heart out.

We had a student who for the first month was a royal pain, then he settled down got some credits caught up and had a credit or two ahead. Ended his "drug class" last week and we had just given him a 1/2 day schedule as a reward for doing well and getting caught up on his classes/credits on Wed. On Thursday he came to class totally blazed AND had stuff on him to keep him high during the day. Sigh...needless t osay, he is gone
    So frustrating, so heartbreaking.

My teenage son is in alternative education. It's a bit of an eye opener, and takes some very special people to teach/tutor in that environment.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Weeelll... let's see... after throwing away a straight A high school education, I opted for beauty school instead of college because school for another 4 years would really interfere with my lifestyle at that time! After several years of doing hair, I pursued a career as a professional drug user. I moonlighted as a waitress, because the drug user job didn't pay so well....

Fast forward to 8 years ago, I retired as a drug user and have remained in the food industry, mostly as a waitress, sometimes as a manager, etc. I actually am a people person, at least I think I am and I love dealing with the public even though there are a-holes periodically.

If the truth be known, at age 49, I haven't decided what I want to do for a career yet. I LOVE (am obsessed) with music and all it entails. But, I can't sing, dance, design, write, produce etc. I would however, love some kind of job that put me in the midst of the musical action and that required travelling as well. Preferably before I'm 70.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

I'm a college professor; I teach English composition and literature classes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten