Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Your job sounds lovely SG, we love making candles in our house.

You know, there are so many teachers / lecturers on the Border now, we should open a teachers thread where we can compare notes or share resources! I always think its interesting to see how something is taught in a different education system to the one I work in.
    Of course it doesn't only have to be open to teachers!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Hey, any excuse to disguise visits to The Border as 'work'!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    Troub, I wish you the best of luck. Teaching is a very rewarding career.
    I went to college for Animal Science Technology. I worked as a Veterinary Technician until I had children. I stayed home with them until my youngest went to school. I then taught Preschool for 9 years. Now I work in a fragrance house making samples such as candles, body wash, laundry detergent, etc. The only reason I left the preschool is because it was closing. Sad to say what I do now pays much better.
    I can relate...I make beautiful jewelery and I love it ...gets me so excited to take old things people no longer want take it apart and redesign it ...but it doesnt pay the bills
    ills.. Lets just say I give great one of a kind gifts ...earrings, braclets and necklaces...lol

troub congrats

I've read with great interest all of your posts in this thread, it's awesome to see how many different jobs are done by the Borderers

I've been working in a museum for 4 years and I like my job. I think to be a people person, I like so much dealing with people and talking to visitors! I'm also going to do (always at the museum) some didactic works with children of primary school.

Unfortunately this job gives me a very few hours of work and my salary is not very good ... so I have to do some extra jobs to increase the money - for example I do cats/dogs sitting or private tutoring for students ... not so much additional money, but it's okay^^ I think to be very lucky because I know that there are many people who unfortunately don't have a job at all ...

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

Quote Originally Posted by cricrichan View Post
    I've read with great interest all of your posts in this thread, it's awesome to see how many different jobs are done by the Borderers

I've been working in a museum for 4 years and I like my job. I think to be a people person, I like so much dealing with people and talking to visitors! I'm also going to do (always at the museum) some didactic works with children of primary school.

Unfortunately this job gives me a very few hours of work and my salary is not very good ... so I have to do some extra jobs to increase the money - for example I do cats/dogs sitting or private tutoring for students ... not so much additional money, but it's okay^^ I think to be very lucky because I know that there are many people who unfortunately don't have a job at all ...

That is very cool! As a History Teacher, museums are so interesting!

So all you teachers, when does your summer end? Our teacher report week is next Tuesday and kids report week is the following Tuesday.

Here we go

I'm back on the job the week of August 12.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

We've had some grade schools start back in July this year. I'm not sure why so early, but if I was a kid I'd be pretty ticked!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Just realized I've never posted in here but the last several post about school starting again spoke to me. You see, I run a daycare..... so school cannot start soon enough for me.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We start back on 22nd August and the pupils start returning on 26th. But different year groups come back on different days so it will really be the following week before everything is in full swing. I teach 2nd level. As far as I'm aware the primary schools will go back about the 29th, although their teachers may come back a day or 2 earlier.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP