Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Default Re: What do you do for a living?

GA, by second level do you mean 2nd grade, or middle school (grades 6-8 ) as it's called here?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It would be age 12-18, and would finish off compulsory education. After that you'd chose to go on to University or technical college if it is what you want to do.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    It would be age 12-18, and would finish off compulsory education. After that you'd chose to go on to University or technical college if it is what you want to do.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. For some reason I thought you taught younger students. Your age group can be challenging!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I am a lawyer. My last job was as in-house lawyer for the athletic department at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. Our football team opened last season against Notre Dame in Dublin, Ireland, and I got to go on the team charter. I sat in a 50-yard-line suite with Larry Mullin Jr., the drummer from U2. That was the highight of my career (and my life, except for getting married and having kids haha).

My husband just retired from the Marines after 20 years and we have moved to San Diego - I am from SoCal and my family is here. I don't have a job yet, but I will let you know what I end up doing! I need to get some $$ coming ASAP for the LA tickets.

There was a lot of publicity surrounding that game over here MC. Hope you had fun. Did you see much of Dublin? Did you like it?
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Yes, there was a lot of press - our game sold out all of the hotel rooms in Dublin. I was only there 3 nights and did not get out of the center of Dublin - we stayed at the Conrad. We walked to Aviva stadium so I got to see some nice neighborhoods. I loved it and the people were so nice everywhere - can't wait to go back and see some more of the country.

I just got the following email from my principal.

I HATE speaking to the whole group of teachers. I don't want them to think I am better than anyone else. I am on the leadership team so sometimes I have to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pam- I have a power point attached that speaks to averting power struggles with students. I ask that you consider presenting the information. If you want to add anything, please do so.

If you are uncomfortable with the request, I understand, but I think you do an excellent job of being mindful of power struggles with students.

At least she/he has given you an out if you feel you truly can't do it. He/she seems to have confidence in you, though. That's flattering.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That's true Soda! It can be daunting making a presentation to colleagues but it stands in your favour Pam that your Principal thinks you would be a good person to do it.

Good luck!

And yes Cathy! That age group can be daunting at times! But barring a few who just don't want to be there you can manage to get around most of them met of the time
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

thanks guys. I don't brag, but I do have a great relationship in my room with 99% of my students. I am good at what I do. I just don't know if I want to do it in front of all my other teachers. I do not want them to think I think I am better.