Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What should the guys wear for the History tour?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default What should the guys wear for the History tour?

Tk's video made me think of this. I don't think we've really discussed this much, but what do you think?

Glenn needs to do something different than the open shirt over the t-shirt.

Don needs to get away from plaid.

Joe has changed it up in the past couple years and I think he can continue with his newer look.

Tim. I'm not sure. He has done a few different things, maybe just some new shirts with some color.

Carry on!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: What should the guys wear for the History tour?

You're right Brooke! If they still have wardrobe ladies, they need to consult with us.

I like seeing Joe in dark washed jeans with a dark jacket over a t-shirt. Oh, and the jacket needs to come off sometime before intermission.

I agree with others about Glenn looking good in an open neck button-down shirt with some color and a dark jacket over it, which should come off after intermission! As far as jeans, Glenn should try boot cut jeans for a change. Take a cue from Joe with the jeans, Glenn!

Timothy needs to show his personality, but look put together, too. I agree with Brooke - some color would look good on him. There's a segment in the doc where Timothy is wearing a t-shirt and he looks great. He's got great arms! But for performances, I think he likes wearing button down shirts without a tail. I think there's a picture of him in a dark red one, which looks good on him.

Don, Don, Don...what are we going to do with you? We need to lose the blue collar working man look for a change, and go with something hot! I loved the henley look for HFO...I can't picture him wearing a t-shirt during a performance...what does he wear at his solo shows? A jacket? But he's got to drum...I'm tired of the muted colors he wears. He needs to have some color by his face.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Anything but those suits. I hated them. Made them seem too stuffy and proper.

WW, if you had been around here when they wore those business suits, you would have heard almost universal loathing. 99.99% of the fan community was united on this issue - the most consensus we've ever had on a controversy, lol! The Eagles should not look like bankers! Thankfully, they seem to have left that behind. Even Glenn, the biggest suit proponent in the band, wears stylish, snazzy suits for the most part now rather than the formal executive look.

I want Glenn to wear jeans and a loose button-down shirt with at least two, ideally three buttons undone to reveal his throat and upper chest. He doesn't have to tuck it in. Think Long Run (see photo here). He could totally pull that off today and it would be HOT. Some looks are timeless!

Joe can continue with his new look (thank you Mrs.Walsh!)

I'd like to see Tim in some more color.

Don needs to avoid the untucked shirts under sports jacket look. If he's trying to hide weight gain, it's not working. Much better to just go with a top that's designed to hang loose sans the jacket.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL I'm more of the suit and casual gal myself.

1. Let's start off with Glenn: The Long Run era was gorgeous and needs to have his first three buttons unbutton so we can see some chest hair, and the coat over it. LOL heck this man looks amazing in any colour so the plaid, checkered, anything!!!!!!!!!!! He is just all together hot!!!
    2. Joe: The look you have now is just perfect!!!!
    3. Don: Need to choose a new style man!!!!! First off, get you into jeans, with a shirt you can tuck in!!!!!!!! Wear stripes or just a plain, coloured shirt.
    4. Timothy: LOL the Hell Freezes Over look was just so adorable and put your hair in a pony-tail. You look amazing!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Tighty Whities and a smile?
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 05-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL ohhh if only!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly would be drooling throughout the whole show. MMMMMMM that would be perfect!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Tk's video made me think of this. I don't think we've really discussed this much, but what do you think?

Glenn needs to do something different than the open shirt over the t-shirt.

Don needs to get away from plaid.

Joe has changed it up in the past couple years and I think he can continue with his newer look.

Tim. I'm not sure. He has done a few different things, maybe just some new shirts with some color.

Carry on!
    I can' really comment here being I've never seen the Eagles live, although I've always loved them, just never the right timing. so whatever you suggest here I'm going to agree with as you sound like you've been to many Eagles shows.
    I will say that I want Don Henley to shave off the grey goatee. he doesn't need it, he is awesome looking without it!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    WW, if you had been around here when they wore those business suits, you would have heard almost universal loathing. 99.99% of the fan community was united on this issue - the most consensus we've ever had on a controversy, lol! The Eagles should not look like bankers! Thankfully, they seem to have left that behind. Even Glenn, the biggest suit proponent in the band, wears stylish, snazzy suits for the most part now rather than the formal executive look.

I want Glenn to wear jeans and a loose button-down shirt with at least two, ideally three buttons undone to reveal his throat and upper chest. He doesn't have to tuck it in. Think Long Run (see photo here). He could totally pull that off today and it would be HOT. Some looks are timeless!

Joe can continue with his new look (thank you Mrs.Walsh!)

I'd like to see Tim in some more color.

Don needs to avoid the untucked shirts under sports jacket look. If he's trying to hide weight gain, it's not working. Much better to just go with a top that's designed to hang loose sans the jacket.
    I was the one person, apparently, who liked the suits. The black suit Glenn wears now is basically the formal business suit. It is only the grey one (from the Today Show performance) which is more 'snazzy'. Unfortunately I missed out on seeing it. The suit he wears in the After Hours press photos he only ever wore at one show (Englewood). I think even he thought it was too formal; it was three buttons, but it was very stylish.

I have said before that I would like to see him in the shirt with jacket look. I am bored to tears with him wearing open shirts over T shirts, though that apparently is what he seems to wear in private as well. I have no preferences at all for the other three. I suppose I would prefer it if Don wore a T shirt (think of the F1 soundcheck sequence). He appears to have three shirts - the grey & rust ones & the brown plaid one & he wears them buttoned up to almost the top. Surely he is sick of wearing them. I might say though that I didn't like the HFO 'Henleys'. I seem to be the only person who didn't. I think shirts with buttons should have a collar, although I can't see Don in a polo neck.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

HH, you crack me up! However, tighty-whities aren't very fashionable. Boxers...meh. Briefs, however, show some promise.

Soda, I agree about the undone buttons for Glenn, however, if the shirt is long it must be tucked in. Preferably, the shirt is not long in the back!

I like what Joe's been wearing lately, and Timothy's been wearing new things that I like.

Don...yeah...that gray shirt has got to go. It's served it's time, it needs a rest. Whatever replaces it needs to be replaced by about ten different things, not one shirt.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.