Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What should the guys wear for the History tour?

Default Re: What should the guys wear for the History tour?

NO EAGLES SHIRTS...There is nothing less cool than wearing your own band's shirts...I hated when they did that in the 70's & to wear them now would be even worse!!!!

ALSO, NO skinny jeans...Skinny jeans are for 25 year olds, not 65 year olds...Are you serious??? I see guys in NY wearing them & they are young & either they are gay or they LOOK GAY, even if they aren't. Maybe "skinny jeans" is a loose term, but real skinny jeans are tight all the way down the leg.....They can wear slim fit jeans, that fit well, & will make them look good, but Skinny jeans are a NO!!

I can understand that you would want to see fitted clothing on the guys, but they need to look age appropriate...They are not in their 20's anymore...
    There are things they can wear that will look cool, but not ridiculous~

This thread should have paperdolls!

I agree with TopKat--skinny jeans are a no. There's a balance between skinny jeans and those baggy "dad jeans" that looks as shapeless and sexless as a Hefty Bag. I think bootcut would good on them all. Flatters leg, makes you look taller and slimmer, but not like you're rocking jeggings!

And a more appropriate cut jean would look good with and enhance any top choice they'd make. Otherwise now, when they wear the tees with button downs over them, they look sort if tunic-y over the skinny jeans; proportions are just wrong.

I hope they sport a casual look at Summerfest. Just jeans and a tee. It's a beer n music festival--no need to be fancy.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    NO EAGLES SHIRTS...There is nothing less cool than wearing your own band's shirts...I hated when they did that in the 70's & to wear them now would be even worse!!!!
    Notice that I 'laughed' after that comment.

ALSO, NO skinny jeans...Skinny jeans are for 25 year olds, not 65 year olds...Are you serious??? I see guys in NY wearing them & they are young & either they are gay or they LOOK GAY, even if they aren't. Maybe "skinny jeans" is a loose term, but real skinny jeans are tight all the way down the leg.....They can wear slim fit jeans, that fit well, & will make them look good, but Skinny jeans are a NO!!
    Well, I guess I misspoke about what 'skinny' jeans are. I actually meant 'slim fit' jeans then. Here is a recent picture of the guys with 'slimmer fitting' pants on. I think Glenn's are jeans. Can't tell about the rest. But I think they all look great (the pants anyways).

So are these 'skinny' or 'slim' fit jeans? I'm old and I wanna know!

I can understand that you would want to see fitted clothing on the guys, but they need to look age appropriate...They are not in their 20's anymore...
    There are things they can wear that will look cool, but not ridiculous~
    They're not? Of course I would prefer them to look cool and not ridiculous!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Wow, a lot of opinions here, and it's getting complicated. HH's idea is sounding good for more than one reason...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yeah, it seems like threads we just want to have fun with get real serious. Why is that?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, HH was very serious.

As with everything, we are a diverse group of people, so it stands to reason that clothes choices and fashion statements would be just as diverse.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Brooke, to answer your question, they are wearing slim cut jeans in the photo you posted...They aren't "skinny jeans"... Like I said, that is kind of a miss used term. Skinny jeans are almost as tight as leggings!
    I agree that the jeans they are wearing are nice. They should stick with that. Dark wash or black, slim cut.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Yeah, it seems like threads we just want to have fun with get real serious. Why is that?
    You know I was totally being serious with the pictures I posted of Timothy in all that glorious color he used to wear every once in awhile.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    yeah no more suits...although I did have a rather nice Timothy dream once which involved the suit...hmmm...

I really don't care what they wear...but I want them to look comfortable...they did not look comfy in those suits...

I think more color on all of them would be good...and nice tight jeans for all!!!
    I will say one more time that Glenn at least knows how to wear a suit. The others may not have wished to wear them but Glenn did. He still does. I honestly thought the others looked OK in them.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Also, Glenn needs to lose those black & white shoes. I can't even think of anything they would go with! Cool shoes or boots please! I know Don will never give up his work boots, but they are better than those shoes of Glenn's.

All in all, I think a cool t-shirt in various colors would work for all of them. Like Joe's recent ones. Eagles shirts?
    The black & white shoes go with everything Glenn wears except for when he wears a suit when he wears plain black shoes. I don't think he has worn boots since the 70s. What do you mean by 'cool shoes'?