Thread: Conversations about the Eagles with other people

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Default Conversations about the Eagles with other people

I haven't seen a thread to put this in so I decided to start one, since I have a good story. If you have any interesting stories about conversations you've had about the Eagles with people (other than in here, of course!),share it here!

So tonight me and my mom and my brother were talking, keep in mind my brother has no idea the Eagles are my favorite band right now, which makes it more awesome that he just happened to bring them up. So we're talking about bands that break up over musical differences, and he goes, "That's like the band Chicago, they broke up because Glenn Frey and Don Henley didn't agree on the music." ..... WHAT!? Where do I begin with the false information in that sentence?! lol I immediately went into hyper mode, "OH MY GOD! They were from the EAGLES not Chicago, oh my God, the Eagles are my favorite band right now! And Glenn and Don didn't fight, it was 3 other guys who left the band!" Then my brother goes, "Ohh...I like that one song by Glenn, Don't You Know What The Night Can Do!" ...again, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his ignorance..."WHAT?! That's Steve Winwood!" lmao At this point he lost all my respect as far as knowing his musical history, he is in his mid 30's, he should know this stuff LOL I told him he needs to watch the History of the Eagles with me, I need to school him in this very important knowledge!

Default Re: Conversations about the Eagles with other people

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    I haven't seen a thread to put this in so I decided to start one, since I have a good story. If you have any interesting stories about conversations you've had about the Eagles with people (other than in here, of course!),share it here!

So tonight me and my mom and my brother were talking, keep in mind my brother has no idea the Eagles are my favorite band right now, which makes it more awesome that he just happened to bring them up. So we're talking about bands that break up over musical differences, and he goes, "That's like the band Chicago, they broke up because Glenn Frey and Don Henley didn't agree on the music." ..... WHAT!? Where do I begin with the false information in that sentence?! lol I immediately went into hyper mode, "OH MY GOD! They were from the EAGLES not Chicago, oh my God, the Eagles are my favorite band right now! And Glenn and Don didn't fight, it was 3 other guys who left the band!" Then my brother goes, "Ohh...I like that one song by Glenn, Don't You Know What The Night Can Do!" ...again, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his ignorance..."WHAT?! That's Steve Winwood!" lmao At this point he lost all my respect as far as knowing his musical history, he is in his mid 30's, he should know this stuff LOL I told him he needs to watch the History of the Eagles with me, I need to school him in this very important knowledge!
    Ha ha ha Thanks ALA for starting this thread! Your conversation with your family was so funny Your brother definitely needs to watch The History of The Eagles dvd, he has to learn something more about our men and you would be for sure a good teacher for him

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL that story is so funny!!! You really do need to school your brother in the Eagles!!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - Sounds like he may be a challenging student, but The History of the Eagles is a good place to start. At least, the timing is good now that the DVD has been released.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That story is hilarious ALA. But it is so true. When I mention the Eagles to people the first thing the zone in on is the alleged 'in-fighting' and want to know if Don H and Glenn still 'aren't talking to each other'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

It's difficult for me to have a conversation with some folks about The Eagles. I live in Philadelphia Eagles territory, so most folks naturally assume I'm talking about them. I don't care for football, so I always have to preface any statement I make with "The band, not the football team !!".

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    It's difficult for me to have a conversation with some folks about The Eagles. I live in Philadelphia Eagles territory, so most folks naturally assume I'm talking about them. I don't care for football, so I always have to preface any statement I make with "The band, not the football team !!".
    I have the same problem, but because my other main interest is wildlife, specifically bald eagles, I always have to clarify, "The band, not the bird."
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I run into that problem online a lot, when i'm trying to do a search for them for something specific, especially on Twitter trying to find other Eagles fans, they're all talking about the football team! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    That story is hilarious ALA. But it is so true. When I mention the Eagles to people the first thing the zone in on is the alleged 'in-fighting' and want to know if Don H and Glenn still 'aren't talking to each other'
    It's so strange, people think it was them two that were fighting when it was them against everyone else!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    It's so strange, people think it was them two that were fighting when it was them against everyone else!
    That is not strictly accurate. The documentary may have skipped over it, but Don & Glenn's relationship deteriorated markedly towards the end of the 70s. I also think it's unfair to say 'everyone else' including Timothy B. Schmit. I don't think they ever fought with him. Joe, I am not so sure about. Henley says that Felder 'co-opted' Joe into Felder's faction.

I would say that people who claim that Don & Glenn hate each other NOW, are wrong.