Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello from England

Default Hello from England

I think if I'm going to become a semi-regular poster I should give a few details about myself.

My name is Bridget and I am in my late twenties. I live in East London, but when I was a teen my family lived in Ohio for three years, and my father is from there. Joe is my favourite Eagle, obviously. My father got me interested in him. He has been a fan since the James Gang days, and he saw them perform several times early on. My favourite Joe song is Help Me Thru the Night, it's absolutely lovely. That's enough information for now, I suppose.

Joefan, thank you for introducing yourself. I'm this side of the Pond as well. I live near Plymouth. My husband's parents used to live in Catford, but are now in Orpington, so we are well used to the trip up the M5 & M4. I love JW, particularly after seeing him live last year, but haven't yet got much solo work. When I met my husband in 1984 he had But Seriously Folks - that was my first introduction. I didn't realise he'd joined the Eagles until two years ago.
    Just tonight, Rocky Mountain Way was played on Planet Rock, and I was made up!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Welcome, JoeFan! Thanks for introducing yourself. My father is also from Ohio. His hometown is North Lewisberg, a little one-horse town about 45 minutes from Columbus. He never was interested in the James Gang, though! His thing is big band music. Did you make it to the London shows last year? I was vacationing in the UK at the time and managed to go to both.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Welcome to The Border, JF. The more the merrier.

Hi Joefan!! Hope you are enjoying The Border. I also was in London last summer. It was great to visit London (my mother was born in England) and seeing two Eagles concerts wasn't bad either!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well JF, let me officially welcome you too. It's great to have another diehard Joe fan on the board. You gotta love that man! Hope you are enjoying yourself here on The Border and will stick around for some more fun. Let me also make a shameless plug for JoeWalshOnline. Although it's still under construction, it's worth checking it out because Soda is making some great progress with the site.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

From DonFan to JoeFan, welcome! We are glad you are here!

Welcome Joefan, I'm Marco and my favourite Eagle is Don
    I'm glad that You like Joe, my favorite song of Joe is Pretty Maids,
    What You think of this song?
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

An official welcome from me, too, JF! It's great to have you here with us, immersing yourself in all our Eagles love . Of course, I am a Glenn fan - he is just wonderful... , and I am completely in love with him... But occasionally, just occasionally, when I can tear my eyes away from Glenn long enough , I check out the other members of the band, and boy, Joe sure is an exceptional musician .

As you may have seen, I've only been an Eagles fanatic for four months (well, it will be 5 on 11 July ), although I've actually been listening to their "Greatest Hits" volumes since 2004. It was seeing HFO for the first time that caused me to become so enthusiastic about them. I haven't heard any of Joe's solo albums, although I do enjoy the songs he does of his own with the Eagles. I think it's really wonderful that we have so many younger members on this site, i.e. those not old enough (such as myself) to have been around when they first hit the big time. The boys would be very chuffed, I think!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Thank you for the welcome, everyone. I am glad I posted some details.

glenneaglesfan, I've been to your area a few times, it's gorgeous and a nice getaway for minibreaks since it's not too far.

SodaScouts, I've never heard of North Lewisberg but it sounds as if few people have. Anyway it was a long time ago that I lived there. I did go to the shows in London, even though I hate going to Twickers because it's so difficult to get out of there after an event. They were excellent. I saw their show in 2001 too, also fabulous.

Ive always been a dreamer, I have visited joewalshonline.com when I saw the link. I refreshed the page again and again to see the different photos, impressive. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

Marcox, Pretty Maids All In A Row is another song I think is lovely, wish Joe would do more ballads live as he did for Hell Freezes Over. I've that concert as well, so I have seen it, Mrs. Frey. Glenn was quite handsome, I'll grant you, as were all of them.