Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Previously Unheard Demos of Nightingale and Get Up Kate on Bill Halverson website!

Default Re: Previously Unheard Demos of Nightingale and Get Up Kate on Bill Halverson website

These are terrific, thank you for this find!
    ~Sara

Default Re: Previously Unheard Demos of Nightingale and Get Up Kate on Bill Halverson website

Aww, I'm all so glad you got a kick out of them. I thought for sure I was late to the game in posting them, so happy they were new to everyone else, too.

You'd think there would be oodles of outtakes and alt. takes of songs from their recording sessions, but knowing Glenn and Don's prefectionist tendencies, maybe anything that wasn't up to snuff was destroyed on the spot? Though, you'd think if Bill Szymczyk has those tapes of banter between songs and recording sessions yet, he might have "lost" songs and things in his archives, too...

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    You'd think there would be oodles of outtakes and alt. takes of songs from their recording sessions, but knowing Glenn and Don's prefectionist tendencies, maybe anything that wasn't up to snuff was destroyed on the spot?
    No . . .

There's some outtakes and rough cuts circulating in the bootleg communities but not very many of them. I know there must be more out there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I LOVE both of these songs! Thank you so much AEW21 for posting these. Our guys sound so young! AMAZING find! Made my day too. I played these 2 songs all day at work!

OMG..love them...any way we can download them???

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Great find!! Loved listening to them! Thanks!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I wish we could! I can't play them on my iPad. I guess my crappy old Playbook was good for something, but I'd sure like a permanent copy of these songs.

Loved this version of GUK, although I love the others too.

I never thought that it sounded like Don on the Eagles version of "Nightingale" (although I don't know who I thought it was, LOL). I think his voice has a bit more rasp in it on the demo & sounds more like he usually does.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

OHH I would love to find more those unreleased songs as well. I love Don's voice on Nightingale.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    There is a way to download them, not sure if I'm allowed to tell....

"When you got no life to lose. Well, there's nothin' left to gain"