Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: need some comfort tonight

Default Re: need some comfort tonight

SC, I am totally sorry to hear about your problems. I hope the insurance people will be favourable.
    I am completely with you about the support of fellow Borderers, they are helping me through difficult times as well.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

oh sc I don't blame you for goin' off on your neighbor..geesh...thinking about you and hoping everything turns out ok for you...glad you have a good contractor...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Just read this thread now SC. like everybody has said I am so glad that you and your loved ones are safe, that's a big thing.

But I also understand how upsetting it must be to see your home that you have put so much love and work into being damaged so badly.

And neighbours moaning about trivia are very hard to take. Don't blame you venting.

I hope everything works ok with the assessor and the insurance company. Remember once you get a settlement there's no going back to try to have as much of the damage as possible itemised.

And hugs to you and your friends and family in these difficult times.

GEF! I'm so glad we have been of help to you. You are one of the many kind and genuine people that I have met on the Border.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have a FB page, if you want me to add you message me your info

You are all AWESOME!

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear from you again SC ... thinking about you everyday and hoping it will get better very soon ...

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

Thank you all for your kindness, prayers and words of comfort. Things seem to be moving along, later this week we will be getting the cost of damage and what all we have to pay. Our contractor thinks we will be getting a lot of work done and our cost should be no more than $1000.00

I hope things go as smoothly as he feels it will. Now it is just the hassle of taking care of it all. The shock has worn off and I am feeling better about things.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Here's hoping it all goes well for you s-c. That all has to be so terrible to have to go through.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

SC...so glad you are feeling better...

Adjustor and contractor were here yesterday. Seems we have a LOT of damage. Things might work out pretty good though. Adjustor put down things like the sheets / comforter we had to through away because of glass. Our BBQ grill, Hot Tub cover and a bunch of things we hadn't even realized. Might get new carpet in my bedroom because the room is "contaminated" due to all the glass. We won't replace all of that but instead use the $ allowance to do say all the windows instead of just the 4 that were broken. They are going to power wash our fence to help the "aging" look. Getting all new trim, garage door, roof, guttering, painting the house after they sand down the cedar siding. Also our Central air unit has damage so they are going to "brush it out" and see if that helps it.

Aside from all the MESS this will entail, we might come out better than before. I feel so selfish thinking my life was so horrible because of all the damage when Moore got it so much worse, then they got it again.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Glad your outlook is better.
    sometimes the shock wears off and u get past being numb.
    Maybe new carpet is a good idea with all the glass that was strewn through it after all.. I will continue to pray for u. Stay safe and well