Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: need some comfort tonight

Default Re: need some comfort tonight

Hope the works will start as soon as possible, so that you will finally come out of this situation ...

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes, please God!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

we may get the roof done this weekend.

Contractor says roof has to be first because of throwing shingles and stuff, don't want to mess up the paint or the new windows.

Neighbors across the street started work on their roof today. Several roofs in our block have been or need replaced. It is funny to drive down the streets and see all the signs for roofers and contractors. They are going to be busy for a long time.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Glad to hear the repairs are beginning!!

contractor says they will strip the roof and put down the bottom layer on Saturday and finish it on Sunday!

Then they will work on windows and trim and guttering and then paint the house last. We are trying to decide if we want the same color of paint or if we want to go a little darker.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    contractor says they will strip the roof and put down the bottom layer on Saturday and finish it on Sunday!

Then they will work on windows and trim and guttering and then paint the house last. We are trying to decide if we want the same color of paint or if we want to go a little darker.
    I hope the weather holds out and is good! I replaced the garage roof in August of 2007. Black felt and dark gray shingles in 100+ degree heat, that was a miserable weekend. Then the house roof got replaced in Feb. 2010, right after 'snowmaggedeon'. Shoveled off three feet of snow before the old shingles came off. I didn't have to get on the roof for that one, for which I was glad, but I had to pick up the old shingles while walking across ice!

Contractors aren't very careful about things. I bought a big magnet on a stick at Home Depot to go around my yard and get all the roofing nails before the tires of the lawn mower found them. It was about $20 and a great investment. You might want to think about doing the same when they're done, SC.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

So glad that the contractors are starting to work on your house SC!!!! I just hope all will be fine soon. SC

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

SC - sounds like things are finally moving along. Hope it continues & they get finished quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I hope the weather holds out and is good! I replaced the garage roof in August of 2007. Black felt and dark gray shingles in 100+ degree heat, that was a miserable weekend. Then the house roof got replaced in Feb. 2010, right after 'snowmaggedeon'. Shoveled off three feet of snow before the old shingles came off. I didn't have to get on the roof for that one, for which I was glad, but I had to pick up the old shingles while walking across ice!

Contractors aren't very careful about things. I bought a big magnet on a stick at Home Depot to go around my yard and get all the roofing nails before the tires of the lawn mower found them. It was about $20 and a great investment. You might want to think about doing the same when they're done, SC.
    Thanks everyone. VA, that is an awesome idea!

They dropped the shingles and tar paper and all the supplies off this morning. So glad things are starting to get done.