Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

Default Re: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    FF - I think Glenn and Janie lived in Santa Fe since the late 70's. In Eliot's book "Take It To The Limit", he stated they were living in Santa Fe then. Also, he states the house was burglarized(someone stole Glenn's check book) and set fire twice. My take was after the second fire he no longer live in the house. My understanding(please correct me if I am wrong someone) was the fires happened when they were not in the house and in LA.
    What the heck?! I never heard about all that! I'd get outta there, too!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Default Re: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's a beautiful home, and not a bad price either (though well beyond my budget, sadly) considering you get 17 acres and unspoiled vistas. The hot tub on the back deck!! That's the stuff dreams are made of.
    I was thinking the same thing about the price. You'd have to pay a LOT more than that for a comparable home elsewhere, not to mention the price is the same as it was five years ago.

The fact that it's a bit "out of the way" probably keeps the cost "lower" - and the fact that while a studio like that is awesome for a recording musician, the vast majority of folks looking to buy homes in Santa Fe would have no need for it.

Heck, if I were wealthy, I'd look into buying it. The place is gorgeous and I could figure out something to do with that studio - rent its usage out, perhaps.

I never thought about the fact that the studio wasn't designed for Glenn Frey. Do we know that or are we just assuming it? Isn't it possible that it was designed for him early on and simply upgraded by others after he moved out?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    And too bad that one of us did not win the Powerball!!

This would have made a lovely meeting place for The Borderers!
    I just noticed HB's comment from an earlier time in this thread. Now - this is exactly what we need ... a southwestern retreat that Glenn once lived in so we can have frequent Border gatherings. Okay - everyone, time to sell your homes so we can pool all our money's to grab this place at such a bargain price!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I never thought about the fact that the studio wasn't designed for Glenn Frey. Do we know that or are we just assuming it? Isn't it possible that it was designed for him early on and simply upgraded by others after he moved out?
    My guess would be that this is what happened.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016