Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite moments in Eagles songs

Default Favourite moments in Eagles songs

I was just wondering if there are any particular moments that you really love in Eagles songs (I'm sure there are lots!) It could be a particular phrasing, an instrumental section or harmonies that you always listen out for... This came into my mind yesterday when I was thinking about how much I love the "my oh my, you sure know how to arrange things" line in Lyin' Eyes. Just the build-up of vocals/harmonies in that part gives me goosebumps. I always look forward to that bit.

Which song parts do you always listen out for and what is it you like about them?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Favourite moments in Eagles songs

first thing that came to mind was "take it away Joe" in dirty laundry from LFM...like ya know some good guitar solo is coming....just anticipation.

Hearing the LFM edition of "heart ache tonight" makes me smile cause GF is just so into what he is doing .....Jammin....

I think opening guitar licks on" boys of summer" just a great song...makes me think of my beach...which I love so much...

Hotel CAlifornia....the guitar parts just takes me to a higher place everytime...

victim of love ...the great henley vocals..so raw...(how DF ever could think he should have sung it is beyond me)

I love love love the song DH sang by garth brooks.... just gives me goose bumps....

already gone...."you have to eat your lunch all by yourself"...

James Dean..... just love that rock out song....

JMO

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

For me, the transition from the chorus to the second verse in One Of These Nights is pure musical genius. I love it and tend to listen to it over and over. If there are people in the room and talking, I make them be quiet when that part is coming up.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That is also one of my favorites, Troub. I've always loved that Lyin' Eyes line.

As many of you here know, one of my faves is in Secular Praise when Timothy sings "Don't go to church, but I feel the weight. Some people think I'm shy. Still I hope to shake the hand of faint, once before I die." That line I've loved from the first time I heard it, standing in front of him in Chicago and hearing him perform it. It just touched me because he could of written that about me. Then one evening, lying in the tanning bed with my head phones on, I heard it again and it reduced me to tears. I laid there and cried.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The Lyin' Eyes line is also one of my faves.

Also I LOVE the part in the second chorus of One of These Nights..."in between the wrong and the right...whoah whoah whoah...". So R&B.

Oh yeah - One of These Nights has a million moments I love! Don's high notes at the end are just incredible. I love it when he sings "so dark and cold and lonely" and "I can feel you"... So hot and soulful!

I should also mention a part in Take It To The Limit that comes to mind - I absolutely love the way Randy sings "and when you're looking for your freedom" and the way the band harmonises on "nobody seems to care". It's beautiful and moves me every time.

I happen to be watching Farewell I right now...Heartache Tonight is on...my favorite part is when Glenn sings "we can beat around the bushes, we can get down to the bone...we can leave it in the parking lot but either way there's gonna be a heartache tonight....

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Oh yeah baby ...heartache

in the beginning of Life in the Fast Lane...on Farewell I when Don says "are you with me so far"..."good"...I love that...but I don't think he says it in every version of it..

It's funny because some of my favorite music parts of songs have now become meshed with the visuals of seeing them live and watching DVDs...and I can't separate the two...I love the short bass part TBS does in LITFL Farewell I where he runs over and plays with Steuart...I picture him running over and playing that part right in front of us in AC when we were in the first row...I grin like a fool every time I hear that part now....and I love the guitar end of that song too....

I also love Joe's second "oh yeah" in Life's Been Good (after everyone else sings the same words.) Don't know why, it's just cool!