Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Movies You Never Tire Of Watching

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Movies You Never Tire Of Watching

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    Same here!! I don't like any of those!!

I've noticed that besides our lust and preference for long-haired Glenn, we have a lot of other things in common too! I can't remember exactly, but I do recall a couple of times when I thought to myself "Oh, Brooke thinks like I do!"
    Haha! Maybe we are long lost twin sisters of a different mother!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

My wife and I seldom go to the movies, but watch plenty at home... We started collecting on DVD some years ago and that's migrated to Blu Ray. We love pretty much the same kind of movies too which really helps. Some movies get repeated viewings like:

Grumpy Old Men/Grumpier Old Men (Found a brilliant American print Blu Ray which has both movies on one disc... We still laugh out loud at the funny bits, and cry like babies in the sad bits... Proof positive that you don't need young pretty actors to make a hit movie)

Glengarry Glen Ross (As a salesman for close to 20 years, I can relate and never tire of watching this... A solid gold cast, incredible dialogue, and Alec Baldwin floors you every time...)

Love Actually/Four Weddings & A Funeral (Really, nobody makes movies like this better than the Brits... You never get tired or look away in a single second of either of these)

The Unforgiven (My personal favourite Western... Eastwood's most believable Western character and star performances from Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman)

Back To The Future Trilogy (Who doesn't love these movies? My friends and I still quote lines from this to this day... "We need 1.21 gigawatts!!!")

Shawshank Redemption/The Green Mile (As huge Stephen King fans, these are two incredible movies and arguably the two best screen adaptations of SK stories)

Joe Vs The Volcano (Love Tom Hanks, and he has made many great movies, but this is my favourite... It seems so fluffy and light at first but the amount of symbolism and hidden meaning increases after repeat viewings)

Cry Freedom (Great movie, great performances by Kevin Kline and Denzel Washington, and the first movie I saw in which an American actor playing a South African really sounded like a South African, down to Kline even saying a few words in Afrikaans. The only person to top that recently was Leo Di Caprio in Blood Diamond)

The Bourne Trilogy (The movies that made the creators of the Bond franchise go back and do some more homework. Matt Damon is incredible in these)

Almost Famous (Great 'music' movie, some great scenes, and... Kate Hudson's smile...)

Carlito's Way (All time favourite Pacino movie...)

Last, but not least, As Good As It Gets (Jack Nicholson gets to deliver some of his best lines... "Good times, noodle salad")

I'll remember more in 5 minutes but if the movies on this list were all we were left with, I'd have no complaints...

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great list Steve! I'd have to agree with you on most of those!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yes, great list! I love all of those movies, especially Almost Famous and Carlito's Way. The acting in Glengarry Glen Ross is explosive! Cry Freedom is also amazing.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by cricrichan View Post
    Great topic WW Mine are:

Back to the Future
    Home Alone
    Memoirs of a Geisha
    Spirited Away
    Howl's Moving Castle
    The whole Harry Potter saga
    Inception
    Dumb and Dumber
    I forgot The Godfather's saga! How could I have forgotten that??? Al Pacino is my favourite actor, LOL

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)