Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Phoenix...

Smile Hello from Phoenix...

Greetings All!
    I am a newbie to the board so forgive any rookie blunders I make.
    Have been an Eagle fan as long as I can remember, but since seeking the HOTE ( think I goth that right). I have been, well obsessed. Going to Pittsburgh to see them am living for it!!! Caught the guys in Vegas in March, but the seats were awful...but just being there was a good time.

Look forward to picking all of your brains about what to expect, and what may happen. I may have done a wasteful thing, but I bought the VIP passes ( not highest one but the second one... I'd love to. Hear from anyone that has done this in the past so I know what to expect... I assume it is just better seats, which is worth it for me. Praying Glenn will toss me a pick to go with my collection! Lol.

Have a great rest of your day!!! Take it easy....

Default Re: Hello from Phoenix...

Welcome to the Border!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Welcome, Skpx! Wow, you are going from Phoenix to Pittsburgh?

I've done VIP at several shows in the last year or so, and I've never seen Glenn throw a pick. Don, Joe, and Tim each gave one to a woman who was beside me last year in Atlantic City.

You have the package that's rows 2-10, and it depends on when you bought the package as to where you'll sit. The first ones in get the best seats. It could be in any of the three sections in the front on the floor. It includes a dinner and gift bag, and you'll find out when you get there where you're sitting. I'm doing VIP the night before, in DC, but not at Pittsburgh, I'll be up in section 122 going crazy because I'm not closer!

In the times I've done VIP, either I or the person getting the tickets (usually Henley Honey) get in right away. I've only done the row 2-10 once before, and I was in row 2. I did it again for the DC concert here, but obviously I don't know where my seat is yet.

It is a mark-up, but I don't consider it wasteful. Official Platinum from TicketMaster for the same seats would be as high or higher and not include dinner, but they are transferable (you can sell them if your boss suddenly tells you that you can't go) and VIP are not. Resells on places like StubHub are usually even higher.

Welcome to the board, and long may you post!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Welcome, Skpx! Wow, you are going from Phoenix to Pittsburgh?

I've done VIP at several shows in the last year or so, and I've never seen Glenn throw a pick. Don, Joe, and Tim each gave one to a woman who was beside me last year in Atlantic City.

You have the package that's rows 2-10, and it depends on when you bought the package as to where you'll sit. The first ones in get the best seats. It could be in any of the three sections in the front on the floor. It includes a dinner and gift bag, and you'll find out when you get there where you're sitting. I'm doing VIP the night before, in DC, but not at Pittsburgh, I'll be up in section 122 going crazy because I'm not closer!

In the times I've done VIP, either I or the person getting the tickets (usually Henley Honey) get in right away. I've only done the row 2-10 once before, and I was in row 2. I did it again for the DC concert here, but obviously I don't know where my seat is yet.

It is a mark-up, but I don't consider it wasteful. Official Platinum from TicketMaster for the same seats would be as high or higher and not include dinner, but they are transferable (you can sell them if your boss suddenly tells you that you can't go) and VIP are not. Resells on places like StubHub are usually even higher.

Welcome to the board, and long may you post!

Thanks! Yeah, I am treating myself for my 50th... I have to be in the area then so took advantage! Lol.. I thought it was kind of weird that they offer dinner, can you describe that? As for the pick. I'd take any of them but a GF would rock it. Will keep you posted on my luck. (George Strait gave me one -- reached down and put it in my hand in 1982... I just about fainted... So I have great expectations! Lol..)
    Sandy

Welcome to the board, Sandy! I'm sure you won't regret getting VIP! Get comfy and make yourself at home here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Welcome from me too Skpx! Sounds like you're in for a great night in Pittsburgh!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome, Skpx !!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Welcome Skpx!!! I know what you mean about seeing the HOTE and getting obsessed about the Eagles again. LOL. Too cool that you are getting the VIP for the concert. You will love this board!!!! It's super amazing here.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Welcome Skpx...I think I welcomed you in another thread but what the heck...very excited for you!...I think it's a great birthday present to yourself!!!

Skpx

Welcome! What a great 50th birthday present to treat yourself! You will no doubt have an amazing time and I hope you get a pick from Glenn.

Have a great time in Pittsburgh. The new arena is very nice and there is lots to do there. My hometown; so I'm a bit biased, but if you can go on one of the Inclines and walk across the bridge to the Warhol museum, those are fun things to do. Along with lots of other places to see.

Enjoy!