Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Phoenix...

Default Re: Hello from Phoenix...

Welcome to the Border, Skpx

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome from me too SKPX!

I hope you have a wonderful time in Pittsburgh - You won't regret getting those VIP tickets.

I doubt Glenn will throw you a pick, but it might be worth hanging about the stage area after the show and the tekkies might find you one. I've never done it at an Eagles gig, but I did at Glenn s shows in Niagara Falls and was rewarded!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to The Border, Skpx! Glad to have ya!

Sounds like you will have a wonderful time at the show being that close wherever it might be! Good for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skpx View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I am treating myself for my 50th... I have to be in the area then so took advantage! Lol.. I thought it was kind of weird that they offer dinner, can you describe that? As for the pick. I'd take any of them but a GF would rock it. Will keep you posted on my luck. (George Strait gave me one -- reached down and put it in my hand in 1982... I just about fainted... So I have great expectations! Lol..)
    The dinners have been different at each venue, so it's hard to describe! The dinners at the Revel in Atlantic City were both pretty good. The dinner in Atlanta was horrid, and it was outside in a tent (it's an amphitheater) in all the humidity. They usually have a little salad bar and two or three entree dishes (casserole-type things). Sometimes all your drinks are free (basic hard stuff, 'third shelf' wines, and basic beers), sometimes only two of them are. Sometimes the desserts look pretty good, sometimes they look a little stale (I never get dessert). There is usually always some kind of chicken, the rest has varied.

When you go, you get your tickets and a laminated VIP thing to wear around your neck. You also get an envelope with your tickets for the door prizes and drink tickets (if there's a limit on drinks). Then they let you browse the merchandise (crowd-free! bonus!) before taking everyone to whatever room the dinner will be in.

NYC Fan is right, the inclines, especially the Duquesne incline is good, with an overlook of the city. The Carnegie Science Center by Heinz Field is good, and Station Square is always interesting. Of course, the thing I most want to see while there is the beautiful statue of Super Mario (Lemieux) outside of the arena.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Welcome from me Skpx! Hope you have a wonderful time in Pittsburgh! VIP tix - what an awesome birthday present!! Fingers crossed that you get a pick!!

welcome

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skpx View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I am treating myself for my 50th... I have to be in the area then so took advantage!
    By the way, I treated myself to a front row seat in Vegas back in 2011, for my 50th birthday. The concert was actually on my birthday and so I figured that was a sign! I certainly never regretted it! Now I find I have a permanent reminder of that night since one of the scenes at the end of part 2 of HOTE is from that night, and from the exact same angle as what I had all night.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Welcome Skpx!

"When you got no life to lose. Well, there's nothin' left to gain"

Welcome!
    I have a few friends from Phoenix . And like you, I became a bit obsessed after watching HOTE. Have fun!

Welcome Skpx!

That is so cool that you bought a VIP. You'll have to regale us with your tales of the evening.