Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Songs by others Glenn & Don helped with...

Default Re: Songs by others Glenn & Don helped with...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I will make a quick response to this & then I will say no more.

After the band split up Frey constantly went out of his way to praise Felder's ability. He did it all the time, although I cannot quote chapter & verse at the moment.
    I can think of one interview in particular done in the early 90's, which I have a video of, where Glenn makes a point of mentioning that Felder was a valuable member of the band who has often been overlooked. He did not make the comment in response to any question or discussion about Felder.

Also, I will have to read Felder's book again to look for instances where he compliments Glenn. The only example I can think of is him crediting Glenn for giving his all on Heartache Tonight when they were having so much difficulty recording The Long Run album.

Wow, for those of you who read Felder's book but don't remember him giving Frey and/or Henley compliments, I wonder if we read the same book. Or could it be that his criticism of them overshadowed for you what was obvious praise at times

Either way, it is off the topic of this thread, so I will address it more when I get back to posting in my thread, now that I've finished the Eliot book.
    If you thought Felder's book was critical, it is nothing compared with Eliot's.
    The more I read about these guys, the less I like some of them, and the more I like the guys I never even knew their names.

I read Felder's book and all I can remember from it was all the digs he took at both Henley and Frey. It is on my Kindle so I can re-read it but I don't think I want to at this point. Before the book I knew nothing about Felder...after the book well, lets just say it didn't endear me to him

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I am in awe over his guitar-playing skills. As a fellow left-hander who can't even butter my bread with my right hand, I am always amazed when watching and listening to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Me too!!! I wouldn't even attempt to put a knife, even a butter knife, in my right hand. Dangerous.
    Make that 3 lefties in awe of those guitar playing skills. And I'm pretty useless using my right hand too - heck, I even have a hard time flippin' somebody the bird with it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

[QUOTE=Ive always been a dreamer;232642heck, I even have a hard time flippin' somebody the bird with it. [/QUOTE]

Hmm. Never had that problem...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.