Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

Default How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

Okay, here's the thread we've all been waiting for! This is where you can ask questions and hopefully get good advice on how to get good tickets. Maybe someone can explain VIP tickets, presale and regular tickets.

Hubby and I are still on the lookout for tickets for Louisville, and we will be trying for Indy, too. We can't afford VIP, so we are always looking for the best deal, without having to spend the equivalent of a mortgage payment. We are willing to spend $300/$350 per ticket. Any advice for us?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

Since tickets at Louisville are already on sale, you are limited to what may or may not drop from Ticketmaster in the coming days or going through a resale site. For resales, seatgeek will show you what seats are for sale and what website to find them on. It also gives a green, yellow, or red symbol to indicate if they think the average resale price in a section is a good value, so-so value, or bad value. The link below is for the Louisville concert.

Also, I'm not sure what you consider to be a 'good' seat, everyone is different. The best seats left at the arena are terrible in my opinion, the Official Platinum on TM has some good seats left, but are more expensive. I saw a floor seat, row E on the outside, Joe's side, for $594.00 a ticket. The price could come down or someone else could buy them, it's a gamble.

http://seatgeek.com/eagles-tickets/l...ncert/1512078/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado

I have my ticket to see Paul Mccartney at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Got it presale. The seat is row 11, 1 section from the stage on the side. Checked to see what might be available near me for my neighbor , nothing worked out but you can get front row for $2,333.00 on one of the web sites. Just found out 2 of my former co-workers are going to. The 3 of us saw Paul ( we went together ) 20 years ago. We are going to go together this time too. I think my seat will be pretty good. I am also going to see Tom Petty again in two weeks. I got it as a link thru his fan club; 12 rows from stage at the old verizon center. However , the only tickets for The Eagles in Louisville were only available for two; finding one on the floor-forget it for now. The ticket I have is on the side, 2nd section from the stage about 15 rows up. In 2011 I paid $325 each for 2 tickets and got 4th row by Timothy; got those the day they went on sale because I was having knee surgery 2 days later and wanted to be sure I had tickets. This year's Eagles ticket cost me $213.00. I guess my answer is you need to be rich.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Okay, here's the thread we've all been waiting for! This is where you can ask questions and hopefully get good advice on how to get good tickets. Maybe someone can explain VIP tickets, presale and regular tickets.

Hubby and I are still on the lookout for tickets for Louisville, and we will be trying for Indy, too. We can't afford VIP, so we are always looking for the best deal, without having to spend the equivalent of a mortgage payment. We are willing to spend $300/$350 per ticket. Any advice for us?

I sent you a pm, PM. Hope it helps!

So you guys definitely recommend having an American Express card?
    ~ Cathy ~

I do, actually, and for more reasons than concert tickets. As I said somewhere else here, I got one to get presale tickets for LROOE, but it quickly turned into my favorite credit card and I use it like cash. If a place doesn't accept AmEx, I let them know I'll shop elsewhere next time.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

[quote=Prettymaid;230813]So you guys definitely recommend having an American Express card?[/quote

It couldn't hurt! Amex has four cards available with no annual fee so you really have nothing to lose. All you need is a decent credit rating.

Also, check TM on some of the venues. Some have additional presale types, like radio and whatever, that start on Thursday or Friday. Sometimes the additional presales are useless, sometimes they're pretty good.
    VK

Good tips!
    ~ Cathy ~

Don't think the Am Ex general sale is the best you're going to get, though. I've noticed that the Am Ex block for the general sale are typically 20 rows back at best, and better ones typically come up in the regular general sale.

TM Is getting much harder to predict, though. They're making a lot of changes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten