Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

Default Re: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

But if all of the good seats up front are held back for VIP, radio stations, band members, etc..., how and when would any of these be made available in the regular sale?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    But if all of the good seats up front are held back for VIP, radio stations, band members, etc..., how and when would any of these be made available in the regular sale?
    Seats that are left after the VIP and presales are put back into the general sale. Official platinum seats are mixed in with the VIP, radio, internet presale seats and are more expensive but available at or soon after general sale begins.

I got 2nd row on the LROOE tour in Louisville with official platinum and I got 5th row in Chicago through the general sale but WAY after sale began.
    Not all good tickets show up right away. It's a crap shoot and you have to be persistent and check TM as often as you can. As an example, for the Pittsburgh show, Floor Seats Row K (Row 10 because there is no Row "I") just popped onto the official platinum listings within the last week and were going for $348. If you bought them, you'd be surrounded by people who paid either $625 for rows 2 - 10 or $400 for Rows 11 - 20.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So in the general sale if you can only come up with row 15 on the floor or high in the lower bowl would you wait for something better to possibly show up? Being short even row 10 on the floor is gonna be a trial for me to be able to see. I just can't afford more than $200 per ticket to do these vip's.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hubby has enough $ to get "The Good Seats" but I told him, even tho I love him for the sentiment, I will just be happy to be in the building. I did tell him that if possible, I would like the left side of the stage. I will be taking binoculars

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So in the general sale if you can only come up with row 15 on the floor or high in the lower bowl would you wait for something better to possibly show up? Being short even row 10 on the floor is gonna be a trial for me to be able to see. I just can't afford more than $200 per ticket to do these vip's.

There's no guarantee that something better will become available. If you find seats early on in the general sale that are decent, then I'd grab them.

I used a ticket broker to get in for St. Louis as we didn't have AMEX and didn't want to wait til the general sale. We used a site that we used back in 2008 for my first Eagles show (this one in Oct will be my 2nd). I got 4th row in the center part of the floor (Floor B). Not sure which side of the center section I'll be on but as soon as I get seat numbers I'll post them. I'm hoping for as close to the right as possible. 4th row was as close as they were selling and at the price, I couldn't pass it up. I could have done the VIP thing but I just want to see the band and it's not like there are backstage passes or anything.

I'm just looking forward to seeing them again and not wearing those damn suits! It looked soooo corporate. So glad to see them wearing more casual clothing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm just looking forward to seeing them again and not wearing those damn suits! It looked soooo corporate. So glad to see them wearing more casual clothing.
    See, Eagles? Even GUYS hated the suits!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    See, Eagles? Even GUYS hated the suits!
    Absolutely.. I'm going to a rock n' roll concert, not a business conference.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 06-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Brooke, If you get seats on the side, in the first section closest to the stage, first level up...you can see really well.
    I got seats there for a Who concert recently, & I was able to move up to the front of the section..I was sitting right by the guitar techs, & it was very close. Awesome seats, because I am also short, & when people stand up on the floor, you can't see a darn thing...These 1 level up are above all the standing people. I had these at the Garden, but I would try for these seats at any venue. Thought they were great! They were level with the front row, just on the side!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Brooke, If you get seats on the side, in the first section closest to the stage, first level up...you can see really well.
    I got seats there for a Who concert recently, & I was able to move up to the front of the section..I was sitting right by the guitar techs, & it was very close. Awesome seats, because I am also short, & when people stand up on the floor, you can't see a darn thing...These 1 level up are above all the standing people. I had these at the Garden, but I would try for these seats at any venue. Thought they were great! They were level with the front row, just on the side!
    Actually, I had front row floor over to the side for the concert in Vegas in 2011 and I'd say that the seats you just described, TK, even though they are further away are better seats. You don't have to sit with your head turned all night.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.