Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Well, according to HH, you have to get in and out within the first minute in opens!

Not for amex presale. For VIP I have to get in and out in under a minute.

There is no rhyme or reason to the availability of good seats -- either amex presale or at the beginning of general sale. It's a crap shoot. Remember that the people who get in before you have five or ten minutes to complete their sale. If they dump out before completing the transaction then those tix go back into the pool at about 15 minutes in. I also never select "best available". If I want floor seats I specify floor seats.

The best seats I've gotten on general sale were Row H Joe's side in Vegas. I bought them 20 mins after general sale started (but I was online for the entire 20 checking and rejecting seats).

I'm still a big fan of official platinum seats but I NEVER EVER buy them when they are first released. Better seats will become available at a better price. That's how I got 2nd row on the center aisle in Louisville in 2010 and 4th row Joes side in Chicago.

It takes patience and perseverance but it can be done!!!

Brooke, I'd keep checking TM right up to the day of the concert. If better seats pop up, you can sell your tickets for what you paid for them plus stub hub's 10% fee. You don't have to price gouge like scalpers do. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 06-12-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Buying tickets is all just a crap shoot from my experience. There is no rhyme or reason to it most of the time unless you are going for VIP tickets. Hell, if we could figure it out, we'd all be in the front row! I think your best bet is to be very diligent and check TM very frequently, but many of us don't really have time to do that. I do think you stand a little bit better chance of getting better tickets closer to the show dates.

ETA: OMG - When I posted this, I had not read HH's last post. We basically said the same thing. like minds I guess. HH - I'm not sure which one of us should be the most scared!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You both even used the term 'crap shoot'! Lol!

But, I am feeling better about not having tickets to Louisville yet!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Brooke, I'd keep checking TM right up to the day of the concert. If better seats pop up, you can sell your tickets for what you paid for them plus stub hub's 10% fee. You don't have to price gouge like scalpers do. Good Luck!
    I've thought about doing that, but the last time I did that I lost money on my tickets I sold......can't remember who that was at the moment!

I had been having computer issues at home and I could tell that I might have problems about 10 minutes before the sale started. TM wouldn't load completely so I jumped in my car and drove up to work where we had also been dealing with a new computer, but I knew it would work for this and had a faster connection to dsl (just 2 miles away) and I didn't make it in the very first minute. Maybe 3 minutes after. But I checked tickets for 20 minutes and finally bought the last time-the best ones I had come up with.

I'm just not going to pay inflated prices anymore. To me, $200 per ticket is too much. Someone has to sit in those seats and people seem to enjoy the concerts even from the rafters so I guess I'll have to be one of them. I've seen them several times and to just be in the building will have to be good enough. My tickets aren't that bad. I might check on new tickets on TM from time to time, but I do not want to get stuck with $400 worth of tickets. Hubby would kill me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hubby has noticed that a certain section at a certain venue has multiple tickets for sale in the same row on StubHub, Vividseats and Ticketmaster Platinum. There's no way that row has that many seats. Are the same tickets allowed to be sold on multiple broker sites for different prices? And can the exact same seats be on both TicketMaster Platinum AND a broker site for different prices?
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Hubby has noticed that a certain section at a certain venue has multiple tickets for sale in the same row on StubHub, Vividseats and Ticketmaster Platinum. There's no way that row has that many seats. Are the same tickets allowed to be sold on multiple broker sites for different prices? And can the exact same seats be on both TicketMaster Platinum AND a broker site for different prices?
    Yes and Yes. They did the same in Pittsburgh I noticed. A row with only 6 seats was on SH and TM Off Plat, all six seats. Actually, SH had 8, and TM was very confused when I called them to let them know there was a mistake. They fixed it, though.

If you offer instant download or electronic you need to be quick about getting them off all the sites when they sell on another. When I sold tickets for a friend in St. Louis (Bob Seger) I only listed on SH because I didn't trust myself to be so quick.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I've heard you can upgrade TM tickets if you want. Can you upgrade TM platinum tickets?
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've heard you can upgrade TM tickets if you want. Can you upgrade TM platinum tickets?
    I was told 'no'. I called. I wanted to upgrade from row F to A and was snottily told it wasn't an option! I did upgrade later to row B, so now I'm selling more tix on SH.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks, VA.
    ~ Cathy ~

Border Desperado

Anyone have the name or number of a good ticket broker? I've been trying
    to find a couple of tix for Bridgestone Arena in Nashville in section B (center floor section) in the first 10 rows and there's nothing out there.
    Even the $625 VIP's are sold out. No floor seats in Platinum tickets either.
    If anyone has any suggestions, PM me.

Rick
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"