Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

Default Re: How to Get Good Seats: The Art of Purchasing Eagles Tickets

It's so difficult, I'm determined to go to the Dallas show but I haven't been able to find a good seat. I don't want to do scalpers or VIP, I can't afford that.

Tough luck for me I guess.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    It's so difficult, I'm determined to go to the Dallas show but I haven't been able to find a good seat. I don't want to do scalpers or VIP, I can't afford that.

Tough luck for me I guess.
    Don't give up HD! Try & be patient (easier said than done) & keep checking. I will keep my fingers crossed & prayer said that something fantastic comes up for you!

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Like HB said, just keep checking. My persistence paid off when a single ticket popped up for DC last week on Ticketmaster. Just check the sites once a day if you can and you never know...
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Out on the Border

So today wasn't a good day for me I didn't have an American Express card, so I could not buy tickets in advance. I waited until 10:00 a.m. today eagerly awaiting the chance to click "BUY"...it never happened. I don't understand why or how, but almost every ticket was gone for the Knoxville, TN show before they ever officially went on sale. I had the option of paying $95 to be behind the stage or $95 in the upper balcony in the back corner. I don't care to pay a lot for these tickets, but I just didn't feel that was worth it. I'm just kinda confused on what went wrong here. I looked on StubHub and all of those other websites, and there are tons of overpriced tickets. I thought for sure if I was in front of the computer at 9:50 that I would be able to get something decent. Nope!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Don't give up hope Sunshine! Read thru this whole thread & you will get some great tips. Good tickets may be available later on, you just need to be persistent. I know you are really disappointed, but everyone here can tell you that it takes nerves of steel when pursuing Eagles tickets. I will keep my fingers crossed for you & prayer said.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1234 View Post
    So today wasn't a good day for me I didn't have an American Express card, so I could not buy tickets in advance. I waited until 10:00 a.m. today eagerly awaiting the chance to click "BUY"...it never happened. I don't understand why or how, but almost every ticket was gone for the Knoxville, TN show before they ever officially went on sale. I had the option of paying $95 to be behind the stage or $95 in the upper balcony in the back corner. I don't care to pay a lot for these tickets, but I just didn't feel that was worth it. I'm just kinda confused on what went wrong here. I looked on StubHub and all of those other websites, and there are tons of overpriced tickets. I thought for sure if I was in front of the computer at 9:50 that I would be able to get something decent. Nope!
    I know what you are going through ss1234! The same thing happened to me when I was trying to get tickets for Toronto & Ottawa. I was even able to get in on the presale for Ottawa because they didn't go through Ticketmaster & therefore you didn't have to be an Amex cardholder. The seats offered in the presale weren't that good so I took the chance of waiting until the general sale as I heard that often you don't get the best seats in the presale. That gamble didn't pay off! The choice of seats was even worse & there weren't even that many available!

I consider myself fortunate that I was able to get good seats for the Montréal show in November! I got them through the presale which was also not through Ticketmaster and American Express.

Out of curiosity I checked the Toronto venue a short time before the concert to see if any good seats became available. There was the odd one that came up, but I wasn't able to wait till the last minute as I have to travel and therefore make arrangements well before hand. I wasn't going to spend all that money and not have a decent seat.

There is definitely many things wrong with this system. It certainly isn't fair to the loyal fans.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Keep checking sunshine. You never know what might come up! I've had good luck and also no luck. Just keep checking!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Good luck, Sunshine! Trying to obtain tickets for a concert can be such an frustrating endeavour... but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

They hold back full sections of seats because they want to sell out the back of the venue first. This is what I have found every single time. They want to make you believe that those are the only seats left, but nothing could be further from the truth. Even on Pre- sale, this is what they offer. Only other seats that may come up are on the floor in the last sections in the back (where you can't see). If you are persistent you may get better seats later on, but there is no guarantee that you will.

That is how I ended up buying not so great seats, just to be sure to get something & not be shut out of the show! It's all very unfair, but this is the way it is & nothing is really changing any time soon.

Out on the Border

Thanks, guy! I'm not giving up! It's been a while since I've bought concert tickets, so I was kinda shocked on how that went. I thought it would be fairly easily to get them as long as I was ready when they went on sale. Nope! I'm going to keep trying!