Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Incidentally there's another guy with the initials "PC" who is known as just a singer today, although he was also an essential player in a group.
    Well, I can tell by your nym that you're a KISS fan. Am I on the right track here ?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Well, I can tell by your nym that you're a KISS fan. Am I on the right track here ?
    He's referring to Phil Collins. I'm not aware that Peter Criss is now known for just being a singer.

Stuck on the Border

Yes, Phil Collins. (The Peter Criss who played on the early KISS albums and live shows is one of my heroes in rock music!)

Phil Collins didn't stop playing like Peter Cetera did, but still there are too many people who don't know what a great drummer he is. Cetera does still play acoustic guitar live, but not bass. As far as I know he doesn't bass bass in the studio either. I think it's a shame, but at the same time I respect the fact that he has no ego as a bass player, although he did a fantastic job in Chicago in that department.

Well it looks like Peter will be joining his former bandmates at the RnRHoF after all. I think somebody had just jumped the gun too early. I don't have HBO, but I'm hoping HBO will do a free preview a few weeks after it is shown on HBO. I remembered when it was shown on VH1.

http://petercetera.com/

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Well it looks like Peter will be joining his former bandmates at the RnRHoF after all. I think somebody had just jumped the gun too early. I don't have HBO, but I'm hoping HBO will do a free preview a few weeks after it is shown on HBO. I remembered when it was shown on VH1.

http://petercetera.com/
    Wonderful. And I hope the other former members join them too.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Thank you
    I rrad the post on peters site
    Well done peter
    Gentelman to the end

I miss terry kath

Stuck on the Border

Some people seem to be angry, because they see it like Peter is telling the others what they will do. "This is the song we'll play and these people should join us as well" et cetera (couldn't resist, haha!).

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Peter says he is not attending.

Ha yeah not sure Peter Criss and Phil Collins are on the same level though I do have a soft spot for Kiss. Peter Cetera was a crucial member and wrote the only Chicago songs I could get into so it makes sense he is there.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post
    Ha yeah not sure Peter Criss and Phil Collins are on the same level though I do have a soft spot for Kiss. Peter Cetera was a crucial member and wrote the only Chicago songs I could get into so it makes sense he is there.
    He won't be there - unless he's playing games again. From where I'm standing it looks like he thought the others want to reunite with him so bad that he can tell them what they're gonna do. It didn't work.
    Last edited by chaim; 02-16-2016 at 03:41 AM.