Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago

Default Re: Chicago

Chicago is doing just fine without Peter.

But ... where is Peter? Too bad he got so "big for his britches"

I saw Chicago in April and it was fantastic.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Peter Cetera is the David Caruso of Chicago.

Stuck on the Border

Here's what Robert Lamm has said about the latest situation:

"There was always a desire and assumption on my part (that Cetera would be there and perform during the ceremony). He decided he wanted to play [the song] in a different key if he was going to play with us, which is definitely not going to happen, and then he wanted to play with his band but not with us and sing his songs or sing whatever songs the Hall wants him to sing. It's all very strange."

Peter has posted on his website the messages he has sent to the Chicago guys and the HOF people: http://petercetera.com/

congratulations Chicago. It is about time@@

Very classy move to have Terry Kath's daughter there with them.

Chicago and Eagles are my all time favorites

then Def Leppard, Journey and Doobie brothers.

by the end of this summer, I will have seen them all!

Live is good

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Did anyone see the Chicago documentary on CNN this past Sunday night? I forgot it was on. The previews looked really good. I think they were going for a HOTE vibe, they even ripped off the title, "The History of Chicago."

I hope they show it again.

I saw this special documentary advertised again on CNN. The show will apparently be aired on Sunday night. The full title, IIRC, is "Now More Than Ever: the History of Chicago."

My brother saw the commercial this time too, so at least I know I'm not hallucinating He said Chicago doesn't seem like the kind of band that gets a documentary and I agreed. They certainly have had enough drama, if not the individual name recognition.

Stuck on the Border

I've been trying to find History Of Chicago online for ages. I hope I'll get to see it some day. That goes for the Terry documentary as well.

Oh, I thought this was a new film? I guess they mean its television premiere will be on New Year's Day. http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...new-years-day/

I will be watching!

Saw Chicago/EWF in November. Fantastic

Did ya'll see it? CNN broadcast the doc at 8pm Eastern and immediately thereafter at 10. I thought it was very interesting. I grew up with Chicago's music but only knew the names of Peter Cetera, Bobby Lamm and Terry Kath. Irving Azoff was interviewed and featured in the film.

I enjoyed the bits at Caribou Ranch, which looked like part of a private concert (circa 1974) and interview. Would love to get my hands on that.

Cetera refused to be interviewed for this film and so inevitably comes across as a prima donna. Interesting to see - just from his demeanor and body language - how he evolved from a not-particularly-confident guy in the early 70s to a Sting-like ubermensch in the 80s.

To be fair, it's plain that the other guys were jealous and taken aback at the global smash that was "If You Leave Me Now." Lamm said they resented being taken into "Balladland" but they didn't have any qualms before about doing "Colour My World" or "Wishing You Were Here."