Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagles on Myspace!

Stuck on the Border

It is surely only a good promotional tool if the organisation makes use of it instead of letting it sit there.

Even just sitting there, it is good in that it offers visibility. People can put their music on their profile so that every time you hit the page, the song plays.

But where this really comes into place is with new material. With older songs it's not that important but when new music comes out, every time someone uses that song on their profile, all their friends will hear it every time they visit their page.

Also, once a person "friends" the Eagles page, a link to that page is posted in their profile under their friends list. Anyone else who visits their profile can see the link to the Eagles page if he/she bothers to click on the "view friends" page. Younger people might be tempted to click on it and see what it's about. Again, this will be more useful once new music comes out.

New bands utilize MySpace for this purposes by the hundreds, if not the thousands. I am not exaggerating. Jonathan Clark, Glenn's bassist when he tours solo, is one of them. Most classic rock acts ignore it. Honestly, the Eagles don't really NEED it to keep their money rolling in, but I still think it's a great idea to add to their already massive audience.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

for any band, myspace is a HUGE publicity tool! You see some bands on there that have like 10,000 friends or more and it is amazing! I'm so excited that they finally have an "official" page!

I do have to add though, kind of an odd song selection. I'm kind of suprised that they put TS up instead of HC.

Stuck on the Border

They've got TS there because it's the default song that plays when you open eaglesband.com. Again.... has any actual thought been put into this? Although it does get away from the cliched 'Eagles = Hotel California' thing.

This is all a new world to me. I personally see no need for MySpace. I don't lead an interesting enough life.

Have you been able to add one of the songs to your profile, Maleah? When I clicked on TS, nothing happened.

Freypower, you may not like MySpace very much or view it as important, but millions of people do. Those people are who this page is for - the people who don't go to EaglesBand.com, but who live their lives eagerly accessing their MySpace pages for comments and blog entries from their friends.

In the past, people have put up sites with Eagles music for MySpace adds, but they've been shut down again and again (making it difficult for those of us who wanted to use Eagles songs on our profile). I am excited to see an official MySpace, too.

I haven't tried yet. That's odd though..........I've been having some trouble with myspace tonight though. Maybe that's what it is?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Have you been able to add one of the songs to your profile, Maleah? When I clicked on TS, nothing happened.

Freypower, you may not like MySpace very much or view it as important, but millions of people do. Those people are who this page is for - the people who don't go to EaglesBand.com, but who live their lives eagerly accessing their MySpace pages for comments and blog entries from their friends.

In the past, people have put up sites with Eagles music for MySpace adds, but they've been shut down again and again (making it difficult for those of us who wanted to use Eagles songs on our profile). I am excited to see an official MySpace, too.
    I didn't say I didn't like it or I didn't think it was important. I don't use it. I don't see how I would attract people to anything written by me. My cynicism is based solely on the fact that the official Eagles website is apparently run by people without the faintest interest in updating it. I suppose my question is if the administrators of this page don't start a blog, can anyone else?

I'm not sure what you're asking, FP... anyone can start their own blog on their own myspace. One couldn't attach one's blog to the Eagles myspace, if that's what you mean.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't really "get" the myspace thing either. I see no need for me to be there. I know it's a very popular thing for younger people. So, I guess, if it gets that group interested in the Eagles music that's a good thing.

I don't have an ipod either, nor do I think I need one. I guess I just don't want 'something" attached to my body all the time. I just don't "need" to listen to music at all times of the day. The radio or stereo is good enough. But, I haven't tried it either. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten