Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagles on Myspace!

Thanks for filling me in on MySpace, Soda. I really didn't know much about it at all. It seems, like most things, fun if used properly, but users should be on the alert for people misrepresenting themselves with the intention of causing harm. FP, I'm with you into not wanting to go there - I think it must appeal to younger age groups.

Molly, I acquired an iPod shuffle last year and I love it. Much as I like listening to the radio, sometimes, such as ironing, hoovering, gardening, it's just nice to listen to a selection of your own music.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Not all that interested in MySpace, but the band taking note of trends is a good sign, I agree.

I did open up a myspace page but that's as far as I got LOL - I can't even work out how to upload my photo.

I agree that youngsters enjoy the social networking - however, if you're writing your own blog and playing around rearranging your site, I'm just wondering when you would find time to read all your friends blogs and catch up with other websites.

I know a lot of people don't get out much (like myself at the mo LOL) but it seems to me we're all sitting at home having relationships with cyber friends and not with virtual friends .........maybe it's the times we live in - so many parents don't want their kids straying far from home in case they become a tragic statistic.
    I want total sensory deprivation and back-up drugs :O)

I'm with you JoeFan. I think this is a smart move on the band's part. It bodes well for the future. And let's face it...the demographics of the music buying public (at least the majority of the monies spent) and myspace are very similar. Now comes the conundrum. I'm one of those parents who has blocked myspace from my house. (yes soda the work arounds are blocked too) When I found a forty year old man perusing my then twelve year old daughter's page I shut it down. This happening in the same week a fourteen year old girl disappeared from my town immediately after she had been on myspace. It just made me a bit jumpy. She's older now and has asked me to reinstate it. "You can even monitor my page mom". I've been humming and hawing but now those darn Eagles are helping to tip the scales in her favor. LOL

Just checked out the videos on the Eagles MySpace. They not only have the traditional Hotel California 1977 video, they have also added that old Long Run video, some behind-the-scenes Hole in the World footage (the stuff on the DVD single - but surprisingly poor quality) and One Day at a Time from Farewell 1. Keep in mind you have to be a "friend" of the Eagles to view their videos.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

BTW, I still can't get the "add" feature on their songs to work. Is this a choice of theirs, to not allow their songs to get uploaded to other MySpace pages? Surely not, because that would be completely counter-productive and frankly, absolutely idiotic.

have you tried sending a message to the person running it for them on there? Maybe he/she isn't aware of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    have you tried sending a message to the person running it for them on there? Maybe he/she isn't aware of the problem?
    Hmm, good point, although surely I can't be the only one who's tried and failed to add a song.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I'm mixed on MySpace. My teenage son is obsessed with it. I never bother with it. I agree with many others - if it's just going to sit there like the official eagles site does - Mmmmmm, I don't know. If they are going to update it etc. then maybe.

OK, this is not actually the EAGLES on MySpace, it's this bizarre guy who enjoys "role-playing" as Don Henley!

http://www.myspace.com/henley_fan

Read under "Interest" in the "General" section. Weird!