Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Madison Square Garden, NYC Nov 8th, 9th, and 11th 2013

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles at Madison Square Garden, NYC Nov 8th and 9th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    I know, I don't even know why I asked

Let the ticket angst begin. In a spectacularly bad stroke of timing, I have a business meeting in Louisville, KY that morning, so I won't buy Friday tickets ahead of time, due to my terrible flight travel karma lately; but will be trying my darndest for Saturday! This is so exciting to have them at the Garden. I was losing hope that we would get a show this year, and now we get two!
    That is just very strange. I need to get to the airport super early on Monday morning so I can do the presale for this concert. I'll be on my way to Louisville!

ETA: I'll be the only one in the airport trying to buy concert tickets online!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    The Border represents in New York!
    Happy for you all yeah

we should have a pre and after party spot for these shows. plenty of bars around Madison square Garden

I'm planning on the Saturday show. would love both but money's an issue, plus I already have tix to Bethel Woods.

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

anyone getting a hotel for these shows...please let me know...I'm going to need to get one...we all might as well stay in the same hotel...will be more fun that way...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'm going!!! It's a Friday and Saturday night so it's PERFECT!!!
    I think I might be able to join you as I'd only need to get Friday off (ever heard of a sick day?). If I make it into NY by lunchtime I could do both. Then fly home Sunday evening.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I will probably do both nights also! Can't resist this opportunity to see them at the Garden, my favorite larger venue in NY. I'm so glad they aren't playing at the Barkley Center....There is something magic about Madison Square Garden!

We will have to arrange some meet ups for the Border people.Looks like quite a few of us will be going to this!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    anyone getting a hotel for these shows...please let me know...I'm going to need to get one...we all might as well stay in the same hotel...will be more fun that way...

I just recently stayed at the holiday inn Madison square garden on 29th and 7th/8th avenues . King room cost $312, but was very clean; and full free bkfst in the morning.

try hotwire.com or hotels.com.

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I will probably do both nights also! Can't resist this opportunity to see them at the Garden, my favorite larger venue in NY. I'm so glad they aren't playing at the Barkley Center....There is something magic about Madison Square Garden!

We will have to arrange some meet ups for the Border people.Looks like quite a few of us will be going to this!!

it would be so cool to meet up with you guys!

I am heading to Philly later today to see The Stones; and we have a large group from our forum meeting in the parking lot for a tailgate at Wells Fargo Center.

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    I just recently stayed at the holiday inn Madison square garden on 29th and 7th/8th avenues . King room cost $312, but was very clean; and full free bkfst in the morning.

try hotwire.com or hotels.com.
    If you are booking directly, before you do, also check www.bedbugregistry.com. Not to be a paranoid New Yorker, but this is always my biggest fear when I travel

The Holiday Inn Express that Desperado mentions has no bedbug reports and is super close to the Garden, so that sounds like a great option for the price. Stay far, far away from the Hotel Pennsylvania. I've never heard anything good about it when people have stayed there. Not sure if they still do, but they had a horrendous bedbug problem at one point.

It would be fun to have a Borderers get-together though! Lots of places right in that area that would be fun.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    we should have a pre and after party spot for these shows. plenty of bars around Madison square Garden

I'm planning on the Saturday show. would love both but money's an issue, plus I already have tix to Bethel Woods.
    I've got tix to Bethel too. We'll have to meet up.