Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Madison Square Garden, NYC Nov 8th, 9th, and 11th 2013

Default Re: Eagles at Madison Square Garden, NYC Nov 8th and 9th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Heee y Honey View Post
    I've got tix to Bethel too. We'll have to meet up.
    that would be cool Henley Honey! I'm super psyched for July 25, my first Eagles show.

I should be psyched about seeing the Rolling Stones tonight in Philly; but all l canthink about are the Eagles!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great news for all of you! I know you'll have tons of fun!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan;
    Stay far, far away from the Hotel Pennsylvania. I've never heard anything good about it when people have stayed there. Not sure if they still do, but they had a horrendous bedbug problem at one point.

It would be fun to have a Borderers get-together though! Lots of places right in that area that would be fun.

When we were going to NY earlier this year we had short listed this hotel..... Until we read the reviews. Not a bed bug was mentioned, but it seemed old, tired and badly managed, as well as being none too clean, and they charged for Internet access. The last wouldn't be a deal breaker but it just looked shoddy!

Found a very good one near the WTC but I'd say too far away from MSG
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Madison square garden nov 8 & 9!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Me too!! These guys are gonna bankrupt me!!
    They are gonna bankrupt me too! I'm so excited I'm skidding around the place. High as a kite on the Eagles.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

AT LAST!!!

I'll be there! Aiming for Saturday night. not sure if my schedule will change by then, but I currently work Friday nights and can't really afford to do both nights anyway :\

But I'm super excited! This will be my first Eagles concert! (and maybe last, the way they're talking)

I'm just a little stressed about getting the tickets! Probably won't have access to the net on saturday morning as I'll just be settling into Nashville. so I HAVE TO get tickets during either the monday or friday presales!

also, I've only ever sat pretty far away at MSG.
    so can I ask..is it worth it to get floor seats if you're not in the first several rows? I'm short and don't want to be stuck behind a sea of people at the same level where I can't see anything anyway.

I wish we could pick sections instead of it being random!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    AT LAST!!!

I'll be there! Aiming for Saturday night. not sure if my schedule will change by then, but I currently work Friday nights and can't really afford to do both nights anyway :\

But I'm super excited! This will be my first Eagles concert! (and maybe last, the way they're talking)

I'm just a little stressed about getting the tickets! Probably won't have access to the net on saturday morning as I'll just be settling into Nashville. so I HAVE TO get tickets during either the monday or friday presales!

also, I've only ever sat pretty far away at MSG.
    so can I ask..is it worth it to get floor seats if you're not in the first several rows? I'm short and don't want to be stuck behind a sea of people at the same level where I can't see anything anyway.

I wish we could pick sections instead of it being random!
    No, I am also short & it's not worth it to get floor seats unless you are very close, as there is no incline. When people start standing, you can't see. Your best bet is to get in the 100 level 1 up as close to the stage as you can get!

BTW; Resales are already up on the sights for very high prices...How do they resell seats when the tickets haven't even gone on sale yet??? This is going to be difficult getting good seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    When we were going to NY earlier this year we had short listed this hotel..... Until we read the reviews. Not a bed bug was mentioned, but it seemed old, tired and badly managed, as well as being none too clean, and they charged for Internet access. The last wouldn't be a deal breaker but it just looked shoddy!

Found a very good one near the WTC but I'd say too far away from MSG
    GA

Yes, I've known people who have stayed there in the past for concerts at MSG and they have some hair raising stories.

If anyone is looking at hotels down near the WTC, I wouldn't rule them out. The 1/2/3 and A/C/E lines go straight down to that area from Penn Station and it's totally safe at night. Plus, downtown hotels on the weekend might be a bit cheaper than something near Times Square, since they are predominately business hotels.

But I don't know too much about finding good hotels in the City, as when my friends come to NYC they just stay with me. I just wanted to mention the Hotel Pennsylvania, as I've heard it often comes up on Hotwire. Sounds lucky that you ruled it out!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    GA

Yes, I've known people who have stayed there in the past for concerts at MSG and they have some hair raising stories.

If anyone is looking at hotels down near the WTC, I wouldn't rule them out. The 1/2/3 and A/C/E lines go straight down to that area from Penn Station and it's totally safe at night. Plus, downtown hotels on the weekend might be a bit cheaper than something near Times Square, since they are predominately business hotels.

But I don't know too much about finding good hotels in the City, as when my friends come to NYC they just stay with me. I just wanted to mention the Hotel Pennsylvania, as I've heard it often comes up on Hotwire. Sounds lucky that you ruled it out!
    I will ask around about some hotels in the city. I'm not so sure about the WTC. It's pretty far from the Garden. WTC is also a business area, & this is a weekend, so I'm not so sure about what is doing down there on the weekends. I also wouldn't recommend taking the subway that late at night. I think you would be better off in midtown. I will ask for some recommendations from my neighbors. They are real busy body know it alls! lol

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    No, I am also short & it's not worth it to get floor seats unless you are very close, as there is no incline. When people start standing, you can't see. Your best bet is to get in the 100 level 1 up as close to the stage as you can get!

BTW; Resales are already up on the sights for very high prices...How do they resell seats when the tickets haven't even gone on sale yet??? This is going to be difficult getting good seats!
    I agree about the seats on the floor. Not good unless you're in the first few rows.

And I don't get that about 'resale' tickets either.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I agree about the seats on the floor. Not good unless you're in the first few rows.

And I don't get that about 'resale' tickets either.
    Agreed about the floor. I'm tall and I don't even like being on the floor unless you know how close you will be. And I wonder how many really good floor seats will even be available at MSG on a weekend. I would think there would be a lot of VIPs.

I think this is going to be a tough ticket. I'll probably just buy what I can get in the AMEX presale and worry about good seats later. The joys of competing for tickets in NYC