Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Air Canada Center, Toronto 11/6/13

Default Re: Eagles at Air Canada Center, Toronto 11/6/13

Well after the fantastic show in a crappy seat last night and since I discovered I'd saved some $ this month; I've bought a ticket for the Nov 6 show... A much better ticket, Section 110, Row 15 Seat 3 right beside the stage (Timothy/Bernie side) Should make it much easier to see and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Well after the fantastic show in a crappy seat last night and since I discovered I'd saved some $ this month; I've bought a ticket for the Nov 6 show... A much better ticket, Section 110, Row 15 Seat 3 right beside the stage (Timothy/Bernie side) Should make it much easier to see and enjoy!
    Nice!!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Excellent!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

That's FANTASTIC TF!!

Good for you, Kath!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brilliant news TF. I'm delighted that you will get there and that you are happy with your seat.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I'm considering the possibility that I might go to this as I may be passing through Toronto in early November. I'm a complete novice at buying tickets and have never attended this kind of show, so any suggestions of how to obtain least bad tickets?

First, check Ticketmaster and see what comes up. Right now, it looks like Section 117 is coming up, and that's close to the stage, but it only comes up if you get a pair. If you do single, they put you in the back of the arena, because only single seats are available there and they're trying to unload them. That kind of crap is one of the things I hate about TM. They're also selling some seats in sections where you'd only get to see the guys' backs - they're labelled "Obstructed view" but they still cost top dollar?? mmmkay.

If you're not happy with what you see, you can check TM religiously for the next three weeks to see if good tickets drop, as they occasionally do even when they don't come up now (despite the "best available" bit). If it happens, it's typically the week before the show. The problem is that such drops are not guaranteed to happen, and they don't seem to happen as much as they used to.

If after your three weeks of checking you never do get something you're happy with spending that kind of money on, you can do a walk-up the day of as well and see what they've got at the box office.

Even if it's a sell-out at the box office, there's usually people around trying to unload tickets.

Another, pricier option is VIP. The VIPs in Rows 1-10 are sold out, but you can get a seat in Rows 11-20 for $400 here. The only problem is that you don't know if you're going to get Row 11-15 (worth it IMHO) or Row 15-20 (worth it only if you're tall IMHO). If you get in early, changes are good you'll get 11-15, but not if you get in on the tail end. Of course, you could always do like me and wear five inch heels.

If you're willing to buy broker tickets or buy from other sellers off of eBay and Craig's List (buyer beware), that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

If those on VIP Nation (rows 11-20) don't sell by seven days before the show, they'll drop to regular TM at face value. They will probably sell, though, since $400 is cheaper than most resell sites. Right now, though, StubHub has row 19 seats, center floor, for $362/each. Here in the states, Seatgeek.com is a useful tool as it puts all the resale tickets from all sites on one map. Not sure how complete it would be for Toronto.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for those suggestions. At least it seems there are options. I'm not sure the trip will come together but at least I'm collecting the pieces.