I wasn't sure where to put this but I thought this was the place.
I have to say that this turned into a very interesting evening even though it didn't start out that great. It was a super humid day here in NYC, hot, sticky, muggy....and they are saying huge thunderstorms for the evening, so I have a raincoat with me, borrowed a small umbrella from the boss & I'm on my way.
I get onto a train to take me to Times Square where I catch another train to take me to the Beacon, but there is NO service, everybody OFF the train, I have to go get a different train, walk through the boiling hot station. Anyway, it was a short ride maybe 15-20 minutes.
My seat is on the side section in the orchestra 3rd row, but there is an empty part in front, so it's like about the 10th row.

First opening was Robert Cray & his band, who started about 8:15 & played about a 45 minute set. This guy plays the blues & his band is really good. Enjoyed them a lot, even though I was not familar with his stuff.
Then there is an intermission of about 20 minutes, to set up for Peter. People go get drinks, etc...So I noticed during Cray's set that there were a few empty seats in the middle section, a few rows up from me. I went in there & sat down & I told the guy next to me that this wasn't my seat, so if the people come, I will get kicked out. He's very cool & says these are comped seats & hes a writer for GUITAR WORLD magazine....Yeah, he has even interviewed Don Felder (not this last interview, but a few years ago)We were talking & he says he has a bio of the Allman Brothers called "One Way Out" due out in Feb, His name is Alan Paul.(gives me his card with the book jacket on it) He knows the Allman Bros really well....Anyway, he's my guitar expert for the night. Hope his wife didn't mind too much, but I'm sure she must be used to this.

Lights are down & Frampton enters with his beloved black Les Paul Jr. that was stolen from him years ago, & was returned to him like 25 years later. He says this is his favorite guitar & he told the story later on in the show.
He came out rockin' with a few songs from Frampton Comes ALive album, which I never had so I am not that familiar with. Anyway he sounded amazing. He did a song with the talk box & his hits I Want You to show me the Way. I'm sorry, I know his stuff, but not that well & haven't heard it in a long time. I did recognize many of the songs, but don't recall the names of them.

Anyway, he stops & says a few words introducing Don Felder & when he walked out with his double neck Gibson, we knew we were getting Hotel California. The crowd went NUTS even when he just walked out on the stage. He got a really warm welcome from the audience. They started HC & Don sang it great, I have to say....and when it came to those guitar parts, Peter played Joe's part & he did it JUSTICE!!! They sounded awesome together! It was as good as the Eagles...Now maybe some wouldn't agree, but Felder puts something in his guitar work, that is missing when Stu does it! And Frampton is as good as it gets. He's another ace player & the sound in the Beacon is just fantastic. One of the best acoustics in any venue! Everyone was on their feet, dancing, singing! Sounded great! They next played a Stevie Ray Vaughn song, I think it was Pride & Joy. Don switched to a really shiny; looked new silver Strat for this song. Peter used a Gibson ES355. I can't recall what songs he used it on. He switched guitars several times & Alan told me, but I didn't write anything down so now it escapes me which guitar he used for each song.

I will continue the review later because I need to get some work done, but there's more!