Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Top 10 Most Underrated Eagles Songs per Ultimate Classic Rock.com

Default Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Eagles Songs per Ultimate Classic Rock.com

My favorite part of "New Kid in Town" is the bridge, especially the "there's so many things you should have told her.... but night after night, you're willing to hold her, just hold her, tears on your shoulder...." the poignant vocal, the emotion behind the lyrics and in the delivery, the harmonies, the musical nuances going on... magnificent.

Another thing to think about in terms of what's "underrated" is opinions within the fandom vs. opinions of the general public. I think there are songs like "Too Many Hands" which are underrated by people within the fandom as well as the general public, whereas a song like "Waiting in the Weeds" is underrated by the general public but very highly regarded in the fandom.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It has been mentioned that J.D. initiated NKIT. Also, Glenn has said that he's "given some of his best songs away". I don't remember, however, whether Glenn was talking about NKIT or some other song when he said that. But I think the quote I saw was linked to NKIT.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    ... but I can also think of examples from sport. At risk of running off-topic, look at the goalkeepers at Chelsea FC (soccer) this season, with the young Thibaut Courtois displacing Petr Cech who in his youth displaced Carlo Cudicini, matching the developments in the song).
    The sports comparison definitely works. Indeed, Gene Clarke,a former hockey-player and friend of Glenn Frey, says the song was written about him
    http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/gene...-2013-1.627199

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    The Long Run

• King of Hollywood - those guitars

Last Road out of Eden

• Somebody

I almost included Teenage Jail because I don't think it deserves the treatment it's given. I like Felder's guitar solo.
    I really like these picks UtW, I like the King of Hollywood a lot and this is in no small part due to the guitar work, I like how the different guitars come in at different points during the intro and the three solos, all of which add a lot to the song. I love it when Glenn's solo comes in although if I had to pick a favourite from the three it would have to be Walsh's at the end. I've only become familiar with most of LROOE relatively recently but I think Somebody is one of the best songs on the album - I think it's the combination of the energy from the music with the tension and sense of fear of the central character in the lyrics. I personally enjoy Teenage Jail and I love the final solo. I was also glad to see a mention for Get You In The Mood, which I like a lot - I tend to like blues-inspired songs in general and GYITM is a solid tune as far as I'm concerned.

I couldn't agree more with soda's comments about the difference between the types of underrated songs, and I think the Eagles have several examples of both - determining which songs are underrated within the fanbase is in truth a personal judgement, but I think there are a set of songs which many of us love but don't get that much attention elsewhere. I would suggest that songs such as the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise), Good Day In Hell, After The Thrill Is Gone, Victim Of Love, How Long and Waiting In The Weeds all fit this description.