Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Default Re: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmelo76 View Post
    Hubby and I went to the show, from Indy, last night. Our first Eagles show! We are 37 and 40, so on the younger end of the spectrum. Our seats were row B of sec 117 which was the closest to the stage not right at the side of it. They actually had rows A and B as set up chairs on the floor! Hubby was disappointed at first because he wanted to be elevated, but realized they ended up being amazing seats! We had a great view! Bad thing about seats that close was they were heavily enforcing the no pics or videos rule, so we didn't attempt. Thanks to the person who got the youtube videos!

I thought the show was GREAT! At first I didn't like the opening...seemed very uneventful when I expected something huge, but once I realized what they were doing, I appreciated it. They had a very small stage area with a black backdrop and some "utility" looking drop down lamps, walked out without a word, sat down and started playing. Once Don joined them he was on a very small drum set. They explained after the beginning how that setup was much like their rehearsal setting in California at the very start of the group. As the show progressed chronologically, so did the set.

As for the set list, I was happy with it. Hubby was very disappointed they didn't do any Don songs, but I told him it's the history of the Eagles! I would've loved some Don music, but I can see why they didn't do it this tour. Hubby was also disappointed in the sound. He was expecting absolute perfection as we're used to from the DVD's and blu-ray. There were a couple spots I noticed they were a bit off and not so tight, but not enough for me to be disappointed in the least. I told him I think he went in with expectations way too high and also that it was the first show of the tour!

Luckily we have tickets to the Indy show in October too - 10th row floor - so I'm excited to see how/if the show changes and /or perfects during that time.
    Hi MM! Welcome to The Border!

My Hubby was also a little disappointed in the sound. We're going to the Indy show, too! Row 8 on the floor. Maybe we can say hi!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'm still trying to process everything. Soda said it well. It was EPIC.
    First of all I have to say, those men rocked the house. Holy crap. I was exhausted. They worked it. Just sayin.

Nobody had a better time than Bernie. Nobody. It was so much fun watching him live in the moment, You could see the joy on his face and it was just infectious.

I'm still a little blown away. It was that good. I really have to take a breath and chill..
    Thanks, HH. That is so cool about Bernie. It must be truly SURREAL for him, and his family! Do we know if he and Felder communicate? It must have been so awkward when Felder joined and then Bernie quit and the nature of their long friendship was changed. Well, if they are still friends, I'll bet it is really awkward NOW!! I'm so happy they mentioned Randy, I think they would have had him do some singing if he were up to it.

Border Desperado

Great show! Got home around 6:00 pm. Exhausted. Will put my thoughts together tomorrow; need some sleep right now.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Freakin' awesome show!!!

I didn't get home until after 11:00 - my 10-hour drive was extended due to holiday traffic. But even though I'm exhausted, I am SO glad I made the trip. I have to leave in the morning to go to Maryland for work, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to catch up on this thread and post my thoughts. But, I think you all have it under control!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I noticed Scott Crago & Michael Thompson as well. Were there any others?
    Richard Davis was also there.

Glad everyone got home safe!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm finally all caught up on this thread and the anticipation thread for this show. I'm so happy for those of you that were able to go to the opening show. What an experience to see the beauty that is the Eagles live with your very own eyes and ears.

I'm so excited about the new setlist and the addition of Bernie on this new tour. I went to 8 shows over a 4 year period during the LROOE tour and I had every song, comment and joke memorized at every show. I liked knowing what was coming up, oddly that built the excitement for me to know that those around me didn't know what song was coming next. I'm looking forward to the (sort of) unknown when I see the guys in October.

A few thoughts, I'm not a big fan of horns but was okay with the addition of the horn section during the LROOE tour. I'm kinda glad that they took out the horns for this tour. I think it'll sound more true to the original songs. I am a little dissapointed that there were no songs from LROOE. I would've at least thought they would play How Long. I love that song and it's pure Eagles all the way. They even did that song back in the day with the original four Eagles so I'm surprised to not see it in this set list.

From what I've seen/read so far, this tour is amazing and I can't wait to witness it for myself....Is it October yet?
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

More videos from Louisville:

LITFL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCjQBSH_Es[/ame]

HT

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gX9PUtg6yo[/ame]

HC

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67C39FE8EXE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpATSdS4xKQ[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Hi MM! Welcome to The Border!

My Hubby was also a little disappointed in the sound. We're going to the Indy show, too! Row 8 on the floor. Maybe we can say hi!
    Thank you PM Would love to say hi in Indy! We are seats 43 and 44 (3rd and 4th in from the aisle on the left side) What are your seat #s?
    ~Melody~

The camera nazis were out full force and I was only able to get one blurry photo. However, I love these from the articles posted:

From "Already Gone":

And my fave individual photos from Louisville: