Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Default Re: Henley Heaven: The Don Henley Photo Thread

The History of the Eagles concert was fabulous...

It starts out with only Glenn and Don with guitars singing "Saturday Night" then Bernie Leadon joins with them and sings "Train Leaves Here This Morning". Timothy and Joe as well as other musicians join them on "Peaceful Easy Feeling". There are taped monologues by Glenn and Don that provide the background story on the history of the Eagles. Glenn and Timothy did most of the "live" commentary. To my chagrin, Don said nary a live word, but he did "cut up" a bit on stage. They all seemed to be having fun, and enjoying making music together. In a interview with the "Louisville Courier Journal", Don seems to indicate this will be their last tour. They are adding dates and it will continue for at least 3 years, and at that time the band will be in their late 60's at which time he said it may time to say, "Adios!" However, last night they proved they still got it!

Playlist:

Saturday Night
    Train Leaves Here This Morning
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Witchy Woman
    Doolin Dalton
    Tequila Sunrise
    Doolin Dalton/Desperado(Reprise)
    Already Gone
    The Best of my Love
    Lyin' Eyes
    One of These Nights
    Take it to the Limit(Glenn dedicated it to a recovering Randy)

INTERMISSION(very short)

Pretty Maids all in a Row
    I Can't Tell You Why
    New Kid in Town
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Heartache Tonight
    Those Shoes
    In the City
    Life's Been Good to me so Far
    Long Run
    Funk 49
    Life in the Fast Lane

Encore 1
    Hotel California

Encore 2
    Take it Easy
    Rocky Mountain High
    Desperado
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lilah; 07-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    "Leave me be, I'm just walkin' this line!"

Default Re: Henley Heaven: The Don Henley Photo Thread

Here are a few more...Sorry about the quality. I was pretty far back and I didn't take a good camera. However, the whole row where I sat everyone it seemed had out their 35 mm cameras and zoom lens, and made it past the bag check! Darn it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Leave me be, I'm just walkin' this line!"

Default Re: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    According to my text-- they started Desperado at 11:00.

a 3+ hour show? OMG! simply INCREDIBLE!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Ok- I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my flight home and all I can say is -

OMG! IT WAS BEYOND AWESOME!!!!

Out on the Border

All I can say is Wow! I'm so excited for Cleveland Tueaday : )

TIE

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSfv97lvM0[/ame]

RMW

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXdxnyrojAE[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Seriously it was the BEST concert that I have ever seen them do and it is now taken over first place for me over their 1976 Hotel California concert. They seemed so fresh & reinvigorated, so much energy & so much joy in their faces. I loved when Bernie came out & Glenn & Don said "where you been?" & then Bernie goes " where have you guys been?" Too funny! I also loved seeing Glenn get tickled. I forgot what song, but they were showing a video of Joe dressed as Godzilla & Glenn turned & was watching it. He started laughing like he had never seen it before. He got so tickled he actually stopped playing for a few seconds & bent over laughing. I loved those moments & the great thing is that there were so many of those moments. I really hope that everyone gets a chance to see this tour. You can really tell that a lot of thought was put into the planning of the show.

I will post more of what I remember later but right now I am stll on an Eagles high!!

And it was made so special being with our fellow Borderers! HH & dh, PM & dh, Dreamer, Soda, Cheryl & Zelda - you guys are the best, crazy & fun & I am so glad that we got to share this experience together. I can' t wait to hear the reviews of today's show.

One tip for you guys going to future concerts, get there early & go straight to the merchandise stands. The lines before the show were sooooo long & then after the show they started running out of items. So if you want anything, I suggest you take care of that first. And the tour program has some fantastic photos!

86 texts!!! Who in their right mind would bug someone like that?

The beginning of the show was very pared down and intimate. There were several amplifiers on stage with a very basic drum set set up in front and to the left of the amps.

Glenn and Don walked out on stage to huge applause, picked up their guitars, sat down on the two most centered amps and did Saturday night. Glenn was wearing blue shirt with a white t-shirt underneath, and Don wore his standard gray workshirt.

Bernie came out wearing a blue Henley style shirt and a baseball cap turned backwards with sunglasses sitting on top...very casual. He grabbed a guitar and sat down on the amp to the left of Don and Glenn.

"Hi guys", he said.
    "Bernie Leadon!", said Glenn, "Where've you been?"
    "Where've YOU been?", replied Bernie.
    Then they did Train Leaves Here This Morning.

By then I knew I was going to have a great concert experience. I felt like I was at a Jackson Browne show, as laid back as it was.

Almost every song, if not all, had a new arrangement. I especially noticed Heartache Tonight had dropped several keys, making it easier for Glenn to sing. There's no horn section in this show, which I appreciated. They went back to their roots, or as close as they can with a backing band. Everybody seemed to be having a good time onstage, as did the audience.

I can not wait to see this show from a better view! Next show for me is Indianapolis, October 18.

I wanted to remember this set list, so I thought, what better way to record it than in a series of texts to TBF. Then two of us benefit from it, rather than me just taking notes! Also, texting Willie the little details helped me remember them!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Thank you all for the great reviews, videos, and pictures. OHHH now I can't wait for October!!!!! I'm getting way too excited!!! Everyone looks great and Bernie,wow, he looks amazing!!!! I'm so glad that Timothy has his voice back and everyone sounds incredible!!!! My God I can't wait!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!