Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    One of the coolest moments for me in Louisville was realizing that Glenn was staying in my hotel!!!! I saw him get off the elevator with his security guys. It was @ 3:00 p.m. yesterday & from the conversation amongst the security they must have been heading to the venue. Then I head to my room & notice that The Seelbach Suite is right by my room. It had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door - LOL!
    I didn't see any others. This morning I took the hotel shuttle to the airport & sat up front with the driver. He said he did not know what members were at the hotel but he knew some were there. He was a young kid & probably would not be able to tell one Eagle from another!
    OMG! Too cool, HB! You didn't say anything? I would have probably fainted right then and there!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

LOL - no, not a word. I have a tendacy to get a liittle tongue tied!

But he was surrounded by 3 security guys & Glenn had his shades on & head down. He looked focused maybe on either the show OR getting out of the hotel undisturbed. And I didn't necessarily want to talk to him BUT I wanted to run my hands thru his hair because it looked freshly shampooed still a little wet.

Just found another version of HC from last night with the complete song and some EXCELLENT close ups!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpATSdS4xKQ[/ame]

...And I didn't necessarily want to talk to him BUT I wanted to run my hands thru his hair because it looked freshly shampooed still a little wet.
    I don't think I heard that part.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I hope someone got Timothy B singing

I NEED to hear his voice is okay

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

One of the coolest moments for me in Louisville was realizing that Glenn was staying in my hotel!!!! I saw him get off the elevator with his security guys. It was @ 3:00 p.m. yesterday & from the conversation amongst the security they must have been heading to the venue. Then I head to my room & notice that The Seelbach Suite is right by my room. It had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door - LOL!
    I didn't see any others. This morning I took the hotel shuttle to the airport & sat up front with the driver. He said he did not know what members were at the hotel but he knew some were there. He was a young kid & probably would not be able to tell one Eagle from another!
    OMG!!!!!!! I think I would have dropped dead on the spot!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Wow, HB! Very cool. I totally understand the tongue-tied thing... we had a similar experience with Joe a few years ago in a San Jose hotel and none of us said a thing, just stood and gawped!

I love the sound of this show, especially the casual vibe that Cathy mentioned. Thanks for all of the info and the videos... It makes me even more anxious to find a way to see it sometime soon.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Honestly, I could tell something different in Timothy's voice on ICTYW. To quote a phrase he uses in the doc, it had a lot of air in it, especially when he had to reach up to the 'I can't tell you why' parts. On the other hand, several minutes later when he did LWKUA, his vocals were strong; but it's an easier song to sing.

Overall, he sounded fine, and if you didn't know that he had had surgery, you probably wouldn't notice anything. He looked relaxed and happy.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Joe and Tom came out during the first set - don't know wht tht guy was smoking who didn't notice them. It was just Glenn and Don for Saturday Night, then Bernie came out for Train Leaves Here This Morning, then Tim came out for the third song PEF, then Joe for the fourth song WW. Bernie stayed out for the entire first half but left for most of the second, returning for the second encore. He was featured during TIE, playing the solo.

Gotta check out now but more details after the drive home.

Quickly: The show was close to perfection for me. Just wish there had been a song from LROOE. Otherwise my mind was blown with the level of awesomeness I experienced last night. Waiting til October to see them again will be so hard.

Everyone must find a way to go if at all possible! This show is EPIC!
    Smoking something strong, for sure. Can't wait to get your details! Take a moment to relax and wind down!

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Just found another version of HC from last night with the complete song and some EXCELLENT close ups!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpATSdS4xKQ

my eyes are playing tricks on me,, who is that to the right of Joe Walsh on guitar on Hotel Calif?

nevermind, it's that guy Steuart from the History of the Eagles doc.

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.