Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

You're very welcome Cathy! I wanted to put together something for all my new friends whom I had the honor & pleasure to share this first show with in Louisville. It was such a wonderful, fun time for me and I am delighted that I have now put some more faces with names. Thank y'all for welcoming me into this (said with love) crazy group!

P.S. - I still have yours HH & will bring to Seattle, probably minus the M&Ms!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    You're very welcome Cathy! I wanted to put together something for all my new friends whom I had the honor & pleasure to share this first show with in Louisville. It was such a wonderful, fun time for me and I am delighted that I have now put some more faces with names. Thank y'all for welcoming me into this (said with love) crazy group!

P.S. - I still have yours HH & will bring to Seattle, probably minus the M&Ms!

I'll bring the M&Ms, no worries. At least in Seattle, we'll get to spend more time together. Louisville was a wham-bam kind of trip for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    I really don't mind waiting until November to see them because I don't want the experience to be over. And the anticipation is so much fun!
    What a great way to look at it! Thanks SG. You're right!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    You are terrific and I'm sure glad you showed up.

Thanks Nancy! I will see y'all in October in Memphis!! WooHoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'll bring the M&Ms, no worries. At least in Seattle, we'll get to spend more time together. Louisville was a wham-bam kind of trip for you.
    I can't wait!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Joe and Tom came out during the first set - don't know wht tht guy was smoking who didn't notice them. It was just Glenn and Don for Saturday Night, then Bernie came out for Train Leaves Here This Morning, then Tim came out for the third song PEF, then Joe for the fourth song WW. Bernie stayed out for the entire first half but left for most of the second, returning for the second encore. He was featured during TIE, playing the solo.

Gotta check out now but more details after the drive home.

Quickly: The show was close to perfection for me. Just wish there had been a song from LROOE. Otherwise my mind was blown with the level of awesomeness I experienced last night. Waiting til October to see them again will be so hard.

Everyone must find a way to go if at all possible! This show is EPIC!
    Nancy - were you up front? Did Glenn notice you??

I was second row but Glenn took no notice of me. Luckily since I never expect anything, I am never disappointed!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

That's the right attitude! I'll bet they were all so nervous and trying to work everything out, they didn't notice any fans at this first show. By the fall they'll be checking all of us out!! (in my dreams)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - more than a week after this awesome show, I am finally getting caught up reading this thread. As they say enthusiasm is contagious.

This show far exceeded my expectations, and was nearly perfect except for the shut out of LROOE. I really hope they will go back and rethink that, and, at the very least, add How Long back in to the set list. But again, other than that, this show was a hardcore's wildest dream.

And to add to the awesome experience, it is so much fun to get to share the excitement with other fans. I was so glad for the chance to see everyone again and to meet Houston Baby for the first time. And HB, as if you weren't sweet enough, the little goodie bag gifts were a very special touch. Many thanks!

I was so busy this past week that I haven't had a chance to let it all sink in and, fortunately, haven't had to deal with PEW. So, lucky for me, my next show comes up next week. Can hardly wait!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016