Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee, WI - 7/07/13

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Milwaukee, WI - 7/07/13

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

--This last point, I would like everyone else's opinions on also. Maybe it's just me? Maybe it's the bad quality video? And I don't wish to upset ANYONE with this observation and wasn't even going to mention it but I really want to know what everyone else thinks. I didn't notice it in the Louisville video of NKIT and am anxious to see if we get a video of it from Cleveland last night. BUT NKIT for Milwaukee just sounded, for lack of a better word, off a bit? Glenn seemed to struggle in spots. I first noticed it in the line "so don't let them down" when he sang the word "down". Anyone who was there, did he seem to struggle? I'm hoping it was just the bad videos and he's not struggling. But all I could think about was maybe he knew what he was thinking (of course he did-he knows his own voice!) and that's why he really didn't want to do it in concert anymore.

That's my 2 cents. Hopefully I didn't bore any of you to much. Bear with me during this tour because I'm living vicariously through the rest of you and I won't be able to get enough info.
    I will put you out of your misery here & say that watching the video, yes, I noticed the word 'down' was off & there were a couple of other notes that were off. But he has not sung the song for years. It will take him some time for him to regain the sheer perfection of the thing. In any case, Joe gave him a little smile after he finished. Was that 'great performance' or 'well done getting through that'? I don't know; all I know is, I will take it.

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

I think part of it was the quality of the video and the person in the crowd singing on top of Glenn because it didn't sound that noticeable when I was there at the concert; he might have had to reach for notes but that was really all. Though with as excited I was with the new set list, I probably was to happy to care It was the first time in my 3 concert I got to hear NKIT.

BTW FP i loved that smile too; Joe is great

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

TS

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Egyi45mzic[/ame]

DD

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4TyOoTnxmA[/ame]

PEF

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF_q8nNnECM[/ame]

SN

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFl4H55Qe0w[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Hallelujah!!! Thanks Austin!!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    I have NEVER seen so many latecomers and people who just can't stay in their spots...the ENTIRE show there were people going in and out of their spots, coming back with water, beer and food. It was seriously constant and really pissing me off. I didn't bring any water with me, didn't drink any during the show, didn't eat anything, didn't get up to use the bathroom, I was there an hour early, and I had no problem. I remember thinking I really wish people would put the music first and eat/drink/pee before and after the show!
    I have never heard of getting up during a concert! In these videos, I can't believe how many people are just walkin' around during the songs! They need to run the venue like for hockey or tennis - the ushers don't let you go to your seat until there is a break in play, which I guess would be between songs. I would be so pissed if I were in the band and saw people coming and going. Maybe its taking place farther back in the crowd, and the crowd is so big that they don't notice. I'm surprised Don hasn't yelled at these people!!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

[QUOTE=TimothyBFan;238355]

--How cute is Timothy as he really gets into the song at 2:10 of OOTN? Love it. Went back to it a half dozen times when watching the last OOTN video Austin posted.

He really seems to enjoy playing with Bernie! How strange it must be for TBS to have someone playing guitar and singing to his right on stage!! I like it because it seems like he is standing a little closer to Glenn than he usually does, and it makes them more cohesive and interactive. In older videos of concerts, sometimes it looks like Timothy is doing his own thing, wandering off way to his side in the shadows, looking at Jean backstage!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Train is included in this and they are both awesome!

Does anyone else hear a mandolin being played in SN? I wonder if Bernie is playing it in the background?
    This is something I keep forgetting to mention. In Louisville, when we started hearing background music on SN, Hubby and I looked at each other and said, "Where is that coming from?" I kept thinking the lights were going to come up and the backup band would be there, but that didn't happen.

This bothered Hubby more than it did me. He said they lose credibility when they do that kind of thing. He said if they play recorded music to the song, how do we know they're not lipsyncing. Of course, we know they weren't, but he was trying to make his point.

Was anyone else bothered by the background instrumentation on SN?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    This is something I keep forgetting to mention. In Louisville, when we started hearing background music on SN, Hubby and I looked at each other and said, "Where is that coming from?" I kept thinking the lights were going to come up and the backup band would be there, but that didn't happen.

This bothered Hubby more than it did me. He said they lose credibility when they do that kind of thing. He said if they play recorded music to the song, how do we know they're not lipsyncing. Of course, we know they weren't, but he was trying to make his point.

Was anyone else bothered by the background instrumentation on SN?
    I didn't notice that, but I was shocked at how many backup musicians they had, did I count 3 keyboardists?! Why would you even need more than one? What song has 3 different lines of keyboard?! lol And I always wondered this about the guitars too, a few times Don, Glenn, Joe and Steuart were all out there playing at the same time, but I've never heard any song EVER by ANY musician that had 4 different guitar parts going at once. They didn't have all those backup musicians when they played live in the 70's, did they?
    Last edited by AstraeaLunaAvani; 07-10-2013 at 08:45 PM.

I'm right there with you Lizzy!! November 8th can't come soon enough.

Thanks for all the reviews and videos!! This is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    Again, thanks for all of the reviews, pictures and videos! Each night after work, I come home and head here to see and read the latest!! You guys kept me up all night long!!

CAN'T wait til NYC in November!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

--This last point, I would like everyone else's opinions on also. Maybe it's just me? Maybe it's the bad quality video? And I don't wish to upset ANYONE with this observation and wasn't even going to mention it but I really want to know what everyone else thinks. I didn't notice it in the Louisville video of NKIT and am anxious to see if we get a video of it from Cleveland last night. BUT NKIT for Milwaukee just sounded, for lack of a better word, off a bit? Glenn seemed to struggle in spots. I first noticed it in the line "so don't let them down" when he sang the word "down". Anyone who was there, did he seem to struggle? I'm hoping it was just the bad videos and he's not struggling. But all I could think about was maybe he knew what he was thinking (of course he did-he knows his own voice!) and that's why he really didn't want to do it in concert anymore.
    It was only night two of the tour, so I wasn't too shocked or disappointed by any warbles or off-notes. To me, they all had them a bit during their solos, and I expect that sort of thing at a live show--let's you know it's not being synced. And truly, it was so damn hot in the audience, to say nothing of what it must have been like on the stage, under those lights...that humidty has to fuck with the voice and breathing a bit. As well as all the bug swallowing.

...that said, Glenn's voice has changed quite a bit since the 70s. The tones he hit then he can't hit anymore--it's hard for a man to maintain a tenor like that over the years. Aging has probably affected it; on-and-off-smoking, medications. And I'm sure the sinus issues/surgeries he's had over the years due to aftereffects of drug use have affected the timber and tone of his voice, too. But I thought the new arrangements and powered pitches suited him and the songs well. I think he's had the most songs added back into the setlist that feature him on solo/co-lead vocal, so it has to be a bit more vocal pressure on him and his voice. As he settles into them, it will all iron out.

(I felt sorta bad when he said after his warm reception during band intros that he's been feeling "fragile" lately and he appreciated the love--is this his usual schtick, or is the poor man truly feeling down and out? C'mon, over, Glenn, I'll cheer you up.)

Not at all to say he was the "weak link" in the show that night--in fact, I thought he picked up steam, vocally, the second half (he ruled "Heartache Tonight) , while poor, sweaty Don seemed a bit beat by the time HC and Desperado came along (the poor man needed to take off that 3/4 sleeve, non-breathable fabric-looking work shirt--he was soaked by show's end!) And you could really hear him anchoring the harmonies in BOML and HC, among others.

As for the people sitting most the show--I've been to shows at the Marcus where people have stood the entire time, and others where people choose to sit and relax. You can never tell. Toward the end my section was standing a bit more, which was nice. There was an uber-wacky woman by herself in front of me who stood the whole show and flailed about, which pissed off the bank of people sitting in wheelchairs behind her seat, who said she was obstructing their view of the stage. So they kept yelling at her to sit down once in awhile, then an usher would come over and talk to her, and she'd pitch a fit and keep be-bopping about everywhere. I wasn't in their line of sight to obstruct their view, but it made me paranoid to strand too much! Finally at the end everyone was standing so I felt I had nothing to lose by getting and getting down to the music!