Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee, WI - 7/07/13

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Milwaukee, WI - 7/07/13

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    It was only night two of the tour, so I wasn't too shocked or disappointed by any warbles or off-notes. To me, they all had them a bit during their solos, and I expect that sort of thing at a live show--let's you know it's not being synced. And truly, it was so damn hot in the audience, to say nothing of what it must have been like on the stage, under those lights...that humidty has to fuck with the voice and breathing a bit. As well as all the bug swallowing.

...that said, Glenn's voice has changed quite a bit since the 70s. The tones he hit then he can't hit anymore--it's hard for a man to maintain a tenor like that over the years. Aging has probably affected it; on-and-off-smoking, medications. And I'm sure the sinus issues/surgeries he's had over the years due to aftereffects of drug use have affected the timber and tone of his voice, too. But I thought the new arrangements and powered pitches suited him and the songs well. I think he's had the most songs added back into the setlist that feature him on solo/co-lead vocal, so it has to be a bit more vocal pressure on him and his voice. As he settles into them, it will all iron out.

(I felt sorta bad when he said after his warm reception during band intros that he's been feeling "fragile" lately and he appreciated the love--is this his usual schtick, or is the poor man truly feeling down and out? C'mon, over, Glenn, I'll cheer you up.)

Not at all to say he was the "weak link" in the show that night--in fact, I thought he picked up steam, vocally, the second half (he ruled "Heartache Tonight) , while poor, sweaty Don seemed a bit beat by the time HC and Desperado came along (the poor man needed to take off that 3/4 sleeve, non-breathable fabric-looking work shirt--he was soaked by show's end!) And you could really hear him anchoring the harmonies in BOML and HC, among others.

As for the people sitting most the show--I've been to shows at the Marcus where people have stood the entire time, and others where people choose to sit and relax. You can never tell. Toward the end my section was standing a bit more, which was nice. There was an uber-wacky woman by herself in front of me who stood the whole show and flailed about, which pissed off the bank of people sitting in wheelchairs behind her seat, who said she was obstructing their view of the stage. So they kept yelling at her to sit down once in awhile, then an usher would come over and talk to her, and she'd pitch a fit and keep be-bopping about everywhere. I wasn't in their line of sight to obstruct their view, but it made me paranoid to strand too much! Finally at the end everyone was standing so I felt I had nothing to lose by getting and getting down to the music!
    No, this is not his usual schtick, although it reminds me of the line in Brisbane when he said the audience could help out 'an old soldier who's losing his voice'.

Reprise

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZFjX057Tk[/ame]

AG

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8kuM7_2nto[/ame]

BOML

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Vh9Dao3hI[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I'm getting my concerts mixed up! Either in Louisville or a band intro video I saw, Glenn motions with his hands to the audience that he'd like more applause. After he got it he said he was feeling fragile. It was a joke.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I'm getting my concerts mixed up! Either in Louisville or a band intro video I saw, Glenn motions with his hands to the audience that he'd like more applause. After he got it he said he was feeling fragile. It was a joke.

It was the band intro video here. I took it as a joke also. I wouldn't read to much into it. I don't think he's falling apart physically or emotionally any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21
    It was only night two of the tour, so I wasn't too shocked or disappointed by any warbles or off-notes. To me, they all had them a bit during their solos, and I expect that sort of thing at a live show--let's you know it's not being synced. And truly, it was so damn hot in the audience, to say nothing of what it must have been like on the stage, under those lights...that humidty has to fuck with the voice and breathing a bit. As well as all the bug swallowing.

...that said, Glenn's voice has changed quite a bit since the 70s. The tones he hit then he can't hit anymore--it's hard for a man to maintain a tenor like that over the years. Aging has probably affected it; on-and-off-smoking, medications. And I'm sure the sinus issues/surgeries he's had over the years due to aftereffects of drug use have affected the timber and tone of his voice, too. But I thought the new arrangements and powered pitches suited him and the songs well. I think he's had the most songs added back into the setlist that feature him on solo/co-lead vocal, so it has to be a bit more vocal pressure on him and his voice. As he settles into them, it will all iron out.

(I felt sorta bad when he said after his warm reception during band intros that he's been feeling "fragile" lately and he appreciated the love--is this his usual schtick, or is the poor man truly feeling down and out? C'mon, over, Glenn, I'll cheer you up.)

Not at all to say he was the "weak link" in the show that night--in fact, I thought he picked up steam, vocally, the second half (he ruled "Heartache Tonight) , while poor, sweaty Don seemed a bit beat by the time HC and Desperado came along (the poor man needed to take off that 3/4 sleeve, non-breathable fabric-looking work shirt--he was soaked by show's end!) And you could really hear him anchoring the harmonies in BOML and HC, among others.
    Well I asked for opinions. I can see you really thought it out.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is something I keep forgetting to mention. In Louisville, when we started hearing background music on SN, Hubby and I looked at each other and said, "Where is that coming from?" I kept thinking the lights were going to come up and the backup band would be there, but that didn't happen.

This bothered Hubby more than it did me. He said they lose credibility when they do that kind of thing. He said if they play recorded music to the song, how do we know they're not lipsyncing. Of course, we know they weren't, but he was trying to make his point.

Was anyone else bothered by the background instrumentation on SN?
    Any more thoughts on this? I guess it wasn't Bernie then?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    I have been loving these videos.

I do have one snarky thing to say so please forgive me.

ON OOTN EVERONE knows that Timothy b has a kick ass bass solo at the beginning of the song. So WHY wasn't the camera on him duirung those sexy slides? I LOVE HIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Because these are not professional videos. The person filming doesn't know this. We are lucky to get all these videos because they were not supposed to be filming during the show, so please just be thankful for whatever we are getting. There are always going to be people walking through the videos on YouTube, so please just keep in mind who is filming & that this is a huge stadium.

oh, I am very thankful. However, diehard Eagles fans know that OOTN starts with that very sexy bass.

Maybe I am just biased

I do LOVE these videos

Golly, I wasn't trying to imply it was a "cry for help" or dire declaration on his part--I assumed he was tying to get the audience on side. . I was justvcurious if it was a line he trotted out on a regular basis as concert patter.

And God knows it was warm enough that he could have been feeling as fragile as wet tissue paper--I read RRHOF a couple members of an alt. band performing Sunday were hospitalized for heat stroke/exhaustion after their Sun. Night shows, so kudos for Glenn and Co. for soldiering on!

Okay, so is it just me, or is anyone else having major Post Eagles Withdrawal? It's been almost a week and I'm finding myself looking at Chicago tickets on StubHub. I'm feelin' it bad, guys...
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

OH.MY.GOD. You have peered into my sister and my mind! We keep saying how we wish we could rewind and go back to that night, just to linger on favorite moments, catch ones we missed, and just wallow on the atmosphere again. Chicago would be the easiest to go to-jut take the Amtrak and stat overnight one night....can our bank accounts take it, though? --probably not.

I keep hoping maybe they'll hit Milwaukke again at the Bradley Center---but that's a longshot, and even if true, it wouldn't be for 2+ years.... Gotta get a fix sooner than that...