Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee, WI - 7/07/13

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Milwaukee, WI - 7/07/13

Molly, great pictures and review! Sounds awesome despite the heat!

Tim looks fine with the hair pulled back!

Can't wait till October!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, here's my review!

My mom, sister and I got to Summerfest at around 6:00 after taking the freeway flyer that consisted of all middle aged people going to see the Eagles. I kid you not, my sister and I were the only ones our age there. We walked around the grounds for a bit, sipping water and eating grapes. Meanwhile, the line to get into the Marcus was freaky long. Like, imagine the longest line you've ever seen and double it. It was insane. While waiting for the gates to open, my sister and I waited in a slightly less insane line to get a tour t-shirt. Once we got into the amphitheatre, we were looking over this railing that overlooked the load in area - where all the crew was working and where all the trucks were for their gear and where a bunch of fancy cars were that I assumed were for the guys. I just commented on how awesome it would be to be part of their crew.

We found our seats and watched JD and the Straight Shot perform for a while. Most of this time was spent freaking out that I was about to see the Eagles! Although, soon before they started, a warm smell of colitas rose up through the air... literally. Someone was smoking weed a few sections away and everyone in our section was like, "Put it away!"

At about 8 o'clock, Don and Glenn came out to do Saturday Night. I was screaming and shaking and flailing so hard! I was so excited! It sounded beautiful.

When Bernie came out for Train Leaves Here, he got some great applause. I gotta say, he was lookin' good! I don't really know the song, but sitting there and enjoying his voice was nice.

Doolin Dalton was awesome, due to the fact that Tim played harmonica and I did not know he could play harmonica The DD/Desperado Reprise was also amazing because it was one of those songs I never thought I'd see the Eagles do live. My sister and I were sitting there harmonizing to it, haha. I think a lot of people thought it was going to be actual Desperado, so it got a good amount of applause.

I absolutely loved the video clips during Already Gone. So cute!

I'll admit, I was singing Best Of My Love straight back to Don. Take It To The Limit was once again dedicated to Randy, and that song was amazing. Afterwards was intermission, and most people got up to go to the bathroom or to get more beer. My sister and I just stayed there and chilled out, or tried to since it was so hot. It did drizzle a little bit which felt nice. My exact words from my notes were: "Intermission. Hot as hell and sprinkly, but I don't care. I smell weed, ewwww."

Hearing the Wasted Time reprise was nice, even though I would've loved to hear the actual Wasted Time along with it. It's one of my top 5 favorite Eagles songs, so hearing it would've been spectatular... but Pretty Maids very easily made up for it. Hearing it brought be right back to being a wide-eyed seven-year-old watching my Hell Freezes Over VHS tape in the basement and crushing on Don. Such a wave of nostalgia! They sounded a bit like they did on HFO, too, so that made me very happy.

My mom freaked out when Tim performed ICTYW and LWKUA because Tim's basically her favorite Eagle. He sounded great! It did sound like he had to use a little more head voice at times (for the less musically inclined: head voice is when you sing and your voice resonates more in your head rather than your chest or throat - basically, using a higher, breathier voice).

New Kid In Town was amazing to hear live. Heartache Tonight had the newer acoustic intro and seemed like it might've been bumped down an octave or two so Glenn could sing it better. But everyone was up and dancing during it!

Those Shoes was extremely sexy. Before doing The Long Run, Don said, "Can I get a Ya Der Hey?" Aaaand then he started laughing, and he looked so adorable, and I basically died of happiness right there on the spot.

A couple songs later was the first encore and one of my favorites of all time... Hotel California! I got the whole thing on video. We all did our stupid little things during the song like pelvic thrusting right after "Mercedes Bends" and doing the triple-knock right after "running for the door". I felt so awesome during the end guitar solo. The whole crowd was on their feet for Take It Easy and Rocky Mountain Way, and most people just stood there and swayed for Desperado.

And then it was over. My sister refused to leave until the guys were offstage. We got out of our section, and as we were walking out, my mom decided to tell me that she saw my grandpa's neighbors at the concert, and apparently the neighbor's cousin works as a roadie for the Eagles. So I guess I gotta get in contact with this guy... :P

wow, this is a long post! All in all, it was absolutely spectacular. Best concert of my life so far, and I'm gonna see if my far fetched dreams of going to another show in Chicago might come true. Anyone who can, must go. It's something I'll never forget!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Out on the Border

I was there last night in Milwaukee at SUMMERFEST. I knew the set list but it was still a surprise how wonderful the band sounds! I was especially surprised that they played so many JOE WALSH songs. I am seeing them again in September in Minneapolis, so will see if they change that set list up again as the tour goes on. I wish I could follow them around the country on their tour, but my teacher's pension isn't going to support tickets to all those concerts!

Very professional and 10th row was a great view!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Tori, great review! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

Welcome kdz! Glad you had a good time too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just wanted to let y'all ll know I haven't forgotten to post my pics and review--at work today, so will do tonight!

Also had to drop by and say that my older sister has become OBSESSED with Timmy since last night show. She's utterly besotted by him. So charming. I've sent her links to the board here and TBSOnline--she'll be occupied for hours.

Awwwww Thank you guys for the reviews and the pictures!!! So glad you enjoyed the concert!!!! Oh, I love so much the pics of Timothy with his hair pulled back

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

me too

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    What's awry with Randy? Guess I'll poke around the boards, as I'm certain you've all mentioned it somewhere. I hope he's alright.

Great show! Joe looked like a bloody RAWK STAR, too, between that shirt and the hair.
    Welcome back ABM! Glad you enjoyed the show! In answer to your question about Randy, he has not been well. Here is the thread: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...?t=3756&page=5. Start at post 58.

Tori, thanks for the lovely review. Thrilled to hear you had such a good time.

I was going to make my shallow "doesn't Tim look hot" observations on the Louisville thread - first thing I noticed was the tight jeans & then how good the t-shirt looked on him - and he looked hot at this show too. Yum.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thank you guys for the thoughtful reviews & AWESOME pics! Our guys look SO hot in more ways than one!
    I love them in just Ts - so retro Eagles!