Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the CMAs

Default Eagles at the CMAs

Big news on the CMA site:

EAGLES TO PERFORM AT “THE 41st ANNUAL CMA AWARDS” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 7 ON ABC
    First-Ever Awards Show Performance by the Eagles
    NASHVILLE – The Eagles will make their first-ever awards show performance at “The 41st Annual CMA Awards” airing live on Wednesday, Nov. 7 (8:00-11:00 PM/ET) on the ABC Television Network from the Sommet Center in Nashville.

The band’s decision to appear on the CMA Awards follows the success of their recently released Country single, “How Long,” which has been embraced by Country Music fans and is climbing the Country Music charts. “How Long” is the first single from the group’s soon-to-be released, double album, Long Road out of Eden, featuring 20 new studio recordings.

“From the early ‘70s this group has defined Country rock, and more than three decades later they are still creating music that resonates with our audience,” said CMA Chief Operating Officer Tammy Genovese. “They are an outstanding addition to the incredible lineup of performers for the CMA Awards.”

This marks the first performance by the Eagles on the CMA Awards, although the band is no stranger to “Country Music’s Biggest Night.™”

In 1993, Eagles drummer Don Henley was nominated for CMA Vocal Event of the Year with Trisha Yearwood for “Walkaway Joe,” which the two performed together during the 1992 CMA Awards. In 1994, Common Thread: The Songs of The Eagles won CMA Album of the Year. The project featured top Country artists performing Eagles’ hits including Clint Black, Brooks & Dunn, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, and Yearwood.

The Eagles have sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, earning five No. 1 U.S. singles and four Grammy Awards. Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 is the best-selling album of all time, exceeding sales of 29 million units. The band’s Hotel California and their Greatest Hits Volume 2 have sold more than 16 and 11 million albums respectively. The Eagles were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

Eagles will be performing six nights in October with CMA Vocal Group of the Year nominee Dixie Chicks as a Grand Opening celebration for the new NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Wow thanks for posting this, DF.
    Is anyone able to tape it? I can't watch it in Germany. Please... the Eagles and Keith together in the same show and I can't see that!

I'll give it a shot. This is very cool!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wonderful news! Thanks, DF!

Ok, I have a dvd recorder and have never learned how to record! I have tried several times, directions in hand! I will definitely be working on it again!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you, Soda and Brooke. This is one of the moments I really hate to be a German.

I don't know if anyone is able to record the show on the computer. I'm sure you are familiar with megaupload.com or yousendit.com where you can share video or audio. These are the places from where I got all my Keith videos and unreleased songs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the performance is on YouTube within moments. It'll probably get jerked down quickly, but if you're fast, you can download it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That's great.

Yay! I'm so excited!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I wouldn't be surprised if the performance is on YouTube within moments. It'll probably get jerked down quickly, but if you're fast, you can download it!
    Yes, maybe you're right but I better don't count on it.
    Don't you want to put the performance on your site, Soda?