Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Dixie Chicks

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is so true, Brooke. As a matter of fact, I'm still kicking myself for not going to London last year. I've never been to Europe, so I'm thinking that the year of the next European tour just may be a good time to plan a trip. All Europeans beware!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

In case you are planning a side trip to Germany you are a welcome guest here. But I think it's much easier and cheaper (re flights) to go to the UK.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

EF - I am seriously considering planning a European trip around the band's tour. It really is one of my goals to see as much of Europe as I can since it may be my only trip there. I figure if I'm going to come over there, why not plan it so that I can take in a few Eagles shows all at the same time. We'll see how it works out. I'd love to meet as many of my 'Border buddies' as I can when I come over, so thanks for the invite.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

R.I.P.

Soda, I'll have to take your word for it that Indiana is boring, it sounds boring, although I say that with never having been there, I almost came out for an Eagles show in Indianapolis a few years ago, but really, what have you done for us besides Mellancamp ?
    should I stay or go, or should I do some blow.

Quote Originally Posted by zermie
    Soda, I'll have to take your word for it that Indiana is boring, it sounds boring, although I say that with never having been there, I almost came out for an Eagles show in Indianapolis a few years ago, but really, what have you done for us besides Mellancamp ?
    I can back Soda up on how boring Indiana is. I was up in Terre Haute, which is the most boring city in the whole world visiting my aunts and I swear if my parents make me go back, I will go out of my mind.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Dreamer, if you do plan a European trip, you must come and visit me, too!

EF, sorry about your car repairs, but keep your priorities right - if the Eagles came over to Europe again you have to see them!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Dreamer, that would be great. If they come to Germany I'm pretty sure one of their concerts will take place in Hamburg again.

GEF, I'll definitely go to see them here, no matter what happens. Yesterday I told my mom that we are expecting a world tour and she said: Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    EF, I don't think you will see them in Europe next year, just as I won't see them in Australia. I think next year will be devoted to the US and Canada. I think they will do Europe, Asia and Australia in 2009.
    Yes, I know that, FP. Maybe I can go to see them. Depends on how much money I can save. Actually I want to see my aunt again and combinate my visit with a concert.
    Or... Dreamer offered me to come to her house. That's an idea... I will take all my Keith CDs with me to convince her. Probably she will regret that she has ever invited me.
    Well, if you can go, that is great for you. I try to stay out of these discussions because of where I am. I have to wait. I am used to it. There is no point in my talking about going to the United States. I can't.

Of course this now makes ME sound negative, and that was not the intention.
    Spare a thought for me, FP. At least it's possible (even probable) that the Eagles will visit Australia again, even if you have to wait (however frustrating it might be! ), but if I want to see them, I will HAVE to travel. Europe, the UK or Ireland will probably be the easiest for me to travel to, and the thought is quite daunting, as I've only been on a plane once - up-country to Johannesburg, and all the arrangements were made for me, by one of the members of my band (we played a gig up-country). Then I haven't even started talking about how much money I will need to save to make such a trip possible. The value of the South African Rand to the world's strongest currencies such as the US Dollar, the UK pound, the Euro and the Australian Dollar is quite scary . Then there's the cost of front row tickets, and I will accept nothing less than front row tickets! (Mrs Frey aims high... )

I've enjoyed reading all of your posts regarding this topic. I especially enjoyed EF, Brooke and Dreamer's banter about the Eagles and Keith Urban!

EF, I'm sorry to read about your car repairs. I know how you feel. There always seems to be something eating into one's savings, ESPECIALLY car repairs. Oh, the joys of motoring... and I've only been driving for a year!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by zermie
    Well, Axl Rose I think... eh, forget it. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Spare a thought for me, FP. At least it's possible (even probable) that the Eagles will visit Australia again, even if you have to wait (however frustrating it might be! ), but if I want to see them, I will HAVE to travel. Europe, the UK or Ireland will probably be the easiest for me to travel to, and the thought is quite daunting, as I've only been on a plane once - up-country to Johannesburg, and all the arrangements were made for me, by one of the members of my band (we played a gig up-country). Then I haven't even started talking about how much money I will need to save to make such a trip possible. The value of the South African Rand to the world's strongest currencies such as the US Dollar, the UK pound, the Euro and the Australian Dollar is quite scary . Then there's the cost of front row tickets, and I will accept nothing less than front row tickets! (Mrs Frey aims high... )
    Yes, I think you win the Most-Unfortunate-Location award! I certainly hope that you can make it to at least one of these shows. Perhaps you can get an All-Access thingy for the one(s) you attend so that you're guaranteed good seats. You have a few months to save up... here's hoping it works out and you have no car repairs like poor EF!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten