Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome back Bernie!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Welcome back Bernie!

It sounds like they are enjoying playing together at these shows! I'm so glad it looks like it's working out!

I'm like Pm, I figured he'd only be in on a song or two, but looks like it's more than that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I will add my voice to the general delight about Bernie's return for this tour. It's great to see.

I hope he stays on for the full tour. I'd love to see him do the TIE and PEF solos especially, when I see them in Oct.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I am so happy that Bernie is back, and that he's a big part of the shows... I honestly thought he would join them for perhaps one or two songs! This is just great. My mum is a big fan of Bernie. I emailed her one of his pics from the concert and she just responded: "Yum!"
    Your mom has good taste! Bernie is looking very fine.

Also the fact that he's part of this tour makes me even more excited to see them in Nov! I'm glad that all is good in Eagleland with the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I hope he stays on for the full tour. I'd love to see him do the TIE and PEF solos especially, when I see them in Oct.
    Yes, me too! I don't want to miss seeing Bernie! (Hoping he is on the full tour too.)

me too!

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    I know he is just a "guest" on the new tour, but I can not begin to say how happy I am to see Bernie back up there playing with the Eagles. He must be having a blast playing with his old pals Glenn and Don and singing and playing songs that he was part of creating. And just as exciting to see him tour for the first time with Joe and Timothy. These are special shows, and I can't wait till this tour gets to the West Coast!
    Looks like our wish has come true. Makes it very special for us 70's fans.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

I want to add that this is testimony to what Glenn has always said that there really is not a multitude of bad blood between the ex-members (save Felder of course) and the band. Glenn, Bernie and Don have a special bond and chemistry. To see that elixir mixed with Joe and Timothy is a dream come true for me.

Now the big question for me is where is a You Tube clip of Bernie singing "Train Leaves Here This Morning"? I'm dying to see it
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    Now the big question for me is where is a You Tube clip of Bernie singing "Train Leaves Here This Morning"? I'm dying to see it
    There used to be one knocking about, but like 90% of Eagles videos that have ever been on Youtube it's vanished. It was from a 1973 concert recording at the BBC, shown recently on national TV once more after they broadcasted the History doc. Obviously it was just the original four of them then, just after they'd released Desperado as far as I know. The set list was (to the best of my memory) - TLHTM, Saturday Night, Earlybird, CKOF, PEF, Silver Dagger-Take It Easy - it was only a 30/45 minute show, there may have been more but not more than one or two. Out of Control and Witchy Woman were also in the concert but as far as I know but never broadcasted, at leats not in the recent edition. It was a small-stage, close audience set-up, and for TLHTM / SN they were sat in a semi-circle, Henley with the overturned guitar and Glenn / Bernie on acoustic. Certainly impressed the audience though, most of whom looked old enough to be their parents or grandparents!

Border Troubadour

This is the unshown Witchy Woman from what I was talking about above:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsmVzTPESk[/ame]

Love the raw sound from the guitars at the start.

I'm also certain I've seen Doolin-Dalton from that gig, I guess it was originally an hour recording and was cut to fit programming times. Glenn was on harmonica for it. Another long-gone piece of Youtube footage alas.