Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Welcome back Bernie!

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Welcome back Bernie!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Hearing Bernie up there doing "Train Leaves Here This Morning" with Glenn and Don was absolutely surreal. I never thought I would have that privilege. He and Joe obviously respect each other and there was no tension at all in Louisville.
    oh! I can't wait to see/hear that!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I've gotta say what a thrill it was to see Bernie on stage in Louisville. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would happen. I am so glad that he was on stage for the entire first half rather than just a few songs. Even after they started hinting that Bernie may be joining them on the tour, I figured that if it did happen, he would come on for two or three songs only, and then come back on for the encore. So - to say that my expectations were exceeded is a huge understatement.

As others, have mentioned, it would be so awesome if Randy were able to join them as well. But, I'm just so thankful that, at least, one of the former members is appearing on the tour. I choked up when he first came out on the stage.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I choked up when he first came out on the stage.
    Aw Dreamer.

It was a history-making moment.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

aw yeah I probably will get emotional too!

and I thought the same thing...that Bernie might not actually play on too many songs! so it's great to hear otherwise! super excited

and yes, as soon as I heard about the History of the Eagles tour I had hopes that both Randy and Bernie would be joining, but you're right I'm so happy anything like this is happening at all!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    It must be so cool to have a parent/parents who are fans, although my parents did dance to BOML at my niece's wedding! They probably didn't know it was the Eagles, though.
    I got to be a fan through my dad who is a big fan though they are his second fave band behind led zeppelin, I remember as a kid my dad would play his best of eagles record on vinyl when he was looking after me and my sis while my mum was at work (she got to be a fan too) and would always always look forward to hearing take it easy (the first ever song I remember loving as a kid) and though i wasn't born when eagles were in their heyday I started finding out things about them from my dad and I've now amassed more information and background on them than my mum and dad put together and just the other week as we were watching history of the eagles I was having to tell my dad who was who lol and when I said randy meisner he was like WHO?! Haha

Out on the Border

Great news about bernie being back!!!

Out on the Border

Whoops! That reply sent to pretty maid was kind of off thread topic sorry about that