Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome back Bernie!

Default Re: Welcome back Bernie!

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    Now the big question for me is where is a You Tube clip of Bernie singing "Train Leaves Here This Morning"? I'm dying to see it
    Check out this post in the Milwaukee review thread, Walshfan88 has posted a video of Saturday Night that also includes Train Leaves Here This Morning.. It's AWESOME!!!

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Check out this post in the Milwaukee review thread, Walshfan88 has posted a video of Saturday Night that also includes Train Leaves Here This Morning.. It's AWESOME!!!
    Thanks timfan! You are right, Bernie makes his grand "re-entrance" at the 4:00 minute mark. Also curious if that's him playing the mandolin break in the shadows during "Saturday Night"
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    As i've wondered elsewhere, does this mean that Glenn played that first Train Leaves Here solo on the record too? I thought it was a B-bender. But I see no reason why he would play it now if he didn't play it then - it sounds exactly like the solo on the record. And for some reason that first solo wasn't played on any of the live 70's recordings i've heard of the song.

It also seems like Bernie may not like using the B-bender when he's sitting down. He only uses it for the intro of PEF. Either that or he may just want to play the benderless part of the double lead solo featured on the record.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Also curious if that's him playing the mandolin break in the shadows during "Saturday Night"
    I've been wondering that too. I guess nobody knows since no one has answered!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    As i've wondered elsewhere, does this mean that Glenn played that first Train Leaves Here solo on the record too? I thought it was a B-bender. But I see no reason why he would play it now if he didn't play it then - it sounds exactly like the solo on the record. And for some reason that first solo wasn't played on any of the live 70's recordings i've heard of the song.
    I must assume it was Glenn on record after seeing it here. I love Bernie's shout out "Glenn Frey!" before Glenn goes to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    It also seems like Bernie may not like using the B-bender when he's sitting down. He only uses it for the intro of PEF. Either that or he may just want to play the benderless part of the double lead solo featured on the record.
    I'm just so fired up to see and hear that the B-bender is back!

okay, I am ignorant here

What is B-Bender?

Bless you for asking, cuz I have no idea, either!!

I'd love to get an interview one day with Bernie talking about his thoughts rejoining the band and what the process was like, rehearsing again and all that jazz. Must have been a oecual/grippy moment when thry sat down and harmonized again for the first time in over 35 years...

The B-bender is the guitar that Bernie used to use on some of the early album songs and tours. Essentially his guitar strap would help bend strings to give it a twangy sound and emulate a lap pedal steel guitar. The most noteworthy song he used it on was "Peaceful Easy Feeling". Here is a thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...light=b-bender) where we discussed it (Sorry if some of the You Tube links are dead)

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I am so glad that Bernie is indeed touring with Eagles again!!! It is so exciting that I get to see them this time around. It's cool that Bernie, Don, and Glenn do have that good chemistry still. My dad was saying that they kissed and made up. LOL.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

The B-bender is the guitar that Bernie used to use on some of the early album songs and tours. Essentially his guitar strap would help bend strings to give it a twangy sound and emulate a lap pedal steel guitar. The most noteworthy song he used it on was "Peaceful Easy Feeling". Here is a thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...light=b-bender) where we discussed it (Sorry if some of the You Tube links are dead)
    Awesome

thank you