Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland, Ohio 7-9-2013

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland, Ohio 7-9-2013

Here is another good review.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...en-loans-arena

Interesting quote from Timothy, wish we had more context -

"But elsewhere in the second set of the evening, Schmit hinted similarly at the legendary discord, mentioning that his first Eagles tour was in the summer of ‘78 and three years later, “it blew apart.”

Borderers who were at the Cleveland show - what was this all about??

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Here's a positive review of the show: http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/in...vel_is_po.html

good review, however, I think the review done on the Louisville show was excellent.

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Out on the Border

Timothy was just telling about his joining the Eagles, and that was how he put it "...Then barely three years later it all blew apart."

He was leading up to 1994, the reunion, Hell Freezes Over and in particular LWKUA.

The show was AMAZING! They went on right at 8:00, intermission was at 9:05 and they were back on 14 minutes later. Desperado ended at 10:55.

The crowd sat mostly, but boy the applause and screaming made up for it LOL

Cleveland sure loves Joe : ) Timothy also got a lot of love.

There was a mixed response when Timothy introduced Glenn as being from just outside Detroit- Applause for Glenn, boos for Detroit. Glenn said Detroit is a lot like Cleveland- Except more garbage, and finished with the "Where Mother is half a word" joke.

Glad I didn't wear anything "Detroit" ; )

So happy I made the trip and looking forward to September!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks, Heather. I was able to see his entire "speech" in the LWKUA youtube from Milwaukee!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WF, you found SN! Thank you! Love! Only wish it were closer!

Heather, thanks for your review! Sounds awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherK View Post
    Timothy was just telling about his joining the Eagles, and that was how he put it "...Then barely three years later it all blew apart."

He was leading up to 1994, the reunion, Hell Freezes Over and in particular LWKUA.

The show was AMAZING! They went on right at 8:00, intermission was at 9:05 and they were back on 14 minutes later. Desperado ended at 10:55.

The crowd sat mostly, but boy the applause and screaming made up for it LOL

Cleveland sure loves Joe : ) Timothy also got a lot of love.

There was a mixed response when Timothy introduced Glenn as being from just outside Detroit- Applause for Glenn, boos for Detroit. Glenn said Detroit is a lot like Cleveland- Except more garbage, and finished with the "Where Mother is half a word" joke.

Glad I didn't wear anything "Detroit" ; )

So happy I made the trip and looking forward to September!
    Is there some kind of rivalry between Detroit & Cleveland?? (I'm from the other side of the world, so sorry if that was a really obvious question, but I can't place that scene in any other context?).

Glad you enjoyed the show!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Is there some kind of rivalry between Detroit & Cleveland?? (I'm from the other side of the world, so sorry if that was a really obvious question, but I can't place that scene in any other context?).

Glad you enjoyed the show!
    Thanks!

Ohio and Michigan have big rivalries in pretty much all sports- Especially college football.

The Cleveland Indians and Detroit Tigers had just finished a baseball series the night before...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherK View Post
    Thanks!

Ohio and Michigan have big rivalries in pretty much all sports- Especially college football.

The Cleveland Indians and Detroit Tigers had just finished a baseball series the night before...

Hi Heather!

I was another Detroiter there last night - but was sitting in the Club C area with other Michigan folks, so we had safety in numbers

Loved the very beginning of the show when Glenn tripped a bit as he and Don were coming out for "Saturday Night"...he proceeded to pretend to trip all the way out

Cleveland ADORES Joe - the loudest cheers all night were for him. He seemed humbled, and proud.

Stuck on the Border

I watched SN (this is what it is called, of course, not WHTSN) & it was a bit ragged, but it's so great to see the two of them like that.

And on the previous page - FINALLY I have a photo called 'Hello Cleveland''!

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    I found this picture on Twitter

K please let me know what you guys think. .. Is it just me or does it look like in the poster behind the boys that someone gave Joe a black mustache and blacked out a tooth? OR is it a shadow?
    I can believe that would happen to Joe in Cleveland
    Am I going crazy?

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.