Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
Here is the group photo....click on photo to enlarge it
Maybe I'm having a glass-half-full sort of day, but they don't look extraordinarily peeved to me in this image at all. I certainly don't see any real anger--we've all seen images that clealy convey they're not happy, and I don't get that here at all.

It's the typical faces they always sport for press. Bless his heart, but Don's "relaxed" face is sort of default set to "Bitch, please"--doesn't mean he's upset--it the charm of Don that he always looks a bit above it all. . And to me Glenn is doing his typical closed-mouth smile. (And who noticed the smile when you see his broad shoulders, nice upper-arms and wee legs--my God, those jeans are like a Danskin leotard tights!) Joe has his goofy grin on. Bernie and Timothy at first glance look mildly irritated, but I think it's really that they were caught off-guard when the photo was taken -- in a group that large, where to look and when is hard to time--I think they didn't know it was photo time just yet! hilarious:

Frankly, with a group this large, they were NEVER going to get an individual M&G--there was never going to be enough time for all those people to get autographs and pics--no way. I have a feeling the radio station or whatever coordinating this misrepresented things a bit...My sister won a contest to "meet and greet" the Packers' Aaron Rodgers during half-time at a hockey game and they were promised "You all will get a photo with Aaron"----Well, it turns out the emphasis was less on "you" and more on "all" --they waited for 20 minutes, Aaron came, they stood around him in a group, and VIOLA! they ALL had their photo with Aaron. Maybe the promoter miscommunicated with the group coordinating the contest and that is how this all began, or perhaps the group running the contest just assumed they'd get to meet them more one-on-one and never bothered to clarify with the EAGLES people what would exactly be involved. The Eagles have never been Pre-show Meet & Greet people, and they weren't going to start before a festival appearance, so I think miscommunication on what to expect doomed this experience--the Eagles didn't really snub them all--this is probably all they intended to do--pose quick and leave.

And do we really know firsthand people were that upset? Seems to be a lot of assumptions going on--they all look pretty happy here, and I didn't see a lot of outrage on Twitter....and people love to unload anger on Twitter.

Could they have been a bit more outgoing with these folks? Sure, but things were already running late, so I'm happy they came out at all; they certainly could have said "No, not any more," but did honor the commitment. And like I said, they look perfectly pleasant to me up there in that pic--a bit rushed, maybe, but not grumpy...or any more grumpy than they look normally during press photos. They aren't glad-handing, autograph people (especially before a show already off the well-tuned schedule they like to maintain!) and I sort of wish someone higher-up would have prepped these poor folk for this--it doesn't mean they don't like you, it just means they feel their best communication with you is via their music and doing their best in stage, not wasting energy and (rushed) time on a quickie smile and nod.

Somewhere along the line Eagles' management (uncharacteristically) got things royally mixed-up for this show, and that domino-ed down the line to however this M&G was set-up. I have a feeling the Eagles were blindsided and reacted badly to it all, and these folk were left with whatever good will was left after all these mistakes. All in all, I think it's a nice photo for them all to have as a momento--I mean, that woman who had her arm around Glenn can't complain.