Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Salmon Festival, Newfoundland, Canada - 7/13/13

Default Re: Salmon Festival, Newfoundland - 7/13/13

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Me too. But then I think about my recent concert experience where they were performing these songs in a perfectly heartfelt manner and a majority of the audience talked through it and yelled inappropriately. Having to deal with inattentive morons getting up for drinks every 10 minutes and drunken fan girls screaming for attention must wear you down. I know I'd quickly lose my patience with that behavior in my face on a nightly basis.
    They get paid 1.2 million for an hour & a half of work, & a meet a greet with a few fans that won a contest....Wouldn't kill them to be a little bit nice to the fans who spent hundreds of dollars of their hard earned money to see them.

In a large venue, there are always going to be a few jerks. They should be used to that after all these years. You just tune them out & keep going.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I haven't read the review, I'm on my phone and short on both time and interest. I will say I read similar bad reviews from the shows last year back when this was still a rumor. There were concerns about festival management being able to handle a crowd the size the eagles were sure to attract. LiveNation are not the promoters for this show so there were bound to be issues. It's a shame it all worked out the way it did. If asked I'm sure Azoff told them 'no'to M&G. So it likely was an unpleasant surprise. It would be nice if our guys were gracious to fans not responsible for the .mistake.but that just means the next promotor counts on that and makes the mistake on purpose. Rock....Eagles...Hard Place
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I know what you're saying is all true..but that's more or less how they've always operated, right?....Feel sorry for the reporter...he obviously did not expect any of this..

Stuck on the Border

I found the entire article was full of such hatred that I could not take it seriously, and I am disappointed that some people here have decided to do so & see the worst they can in the band, because of one person's bitterness that they didn't get special treatment.

The band don't 'hang out'. Why should they? Next you'll want them to share the same trailer.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I agree that this makes me sad. I feel bad for the fans.
    But I do hope our guys are not overdoing it. When they are actually touring, they have a lot of shows scheduled. I will be anxious to hear about the next show.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I agree that this makes me sad. I feel bad for the fans.
    But I do hope our guys are not overdoing it. When they are actually touring, they have a lot of shows scheduled. I will be anxious to hear about the next show.
    That's tonight, right?
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I haven't read the review, I'm on my phone and short on both time and interest. I will say I read similar bad reviews from the shows last year back when this was still a rumor. There were concerns about festival management being able to handle a crowd the size the eagles were sure to attract. LiveNation are not the promoters for this show so there were bound to be issues. It's a shame it all worked out the way it did. If asked I'm sure Azoff told them 'no'to M&G. So it likely was an unpleasant surprise. It would be nice if our guys were gracious to fans not responsible for the .mistake.but that just means the next promotor counts on that and makes the mistake on purpose. Rock....Eagles...Hard Place
    I doubt the Meet & Greet was a surprise. You just don't spring that on a band, especially not the Eagles.. It was a contest & it was only a few fans that won it. It was not a huge amount of people. Sounds like the whole thing took about 2 minutes, so it shouldn't be such a big deal to be nice to a few fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I doubt the Meet & Greet was a surprise. You just don't spring that on a band, especially not the Eagles.. It was a contest & it was only a few fans that won it. It was not a huge amount of people. Sounds like the whole thing took about 2 minutes, so it shouldn't be such a big deal to be nice to a few fans!
    I think it was a surprise. Maybe not a last minute one but our guys don't do these. They wouldn't have agreed to it.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

That's tonight, right?
    Yes Ottawa is tonight.

I think it was a surprise. Maybe not a last minute one but our guys don't do these. They wouldn't have agreed to it.
    So what, even if it was a surprise & I highly doubt it, how hard is it to be nice & say hello to a few fans? I mean...seriously......If they can't do that much, just ONCE, for a few minutes......Is it that hard??? What does that say about how they feel about their fans? not much