Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Salmon Festival, Newfoundland, Canada - 7/13/13

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Salmon Festival, Newfoundland - 7/13/13

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    This describes an extensive Meet and Greet for a contest winner at an Eagles show...maybe those who say they NEVER do M & Gs mean haven't done them recently???...

http://www.eaglesfans.com/ive-met-an...-b-schmit.html

And they did a charity auction for a meet & greet in Mansfield, MA.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/295725139

So the "never" is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid
    Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Having to deal with ... drunken fan girls screaming for attention must wear you down.
    HH, I didn't know you and Soda went to this show, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ouch!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

That's one heck of an emoticon, Soda!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

No doubt things weren't handled well, all around at Salmon Festival, by the festival, by the band, by their management. Miscommunication seemed to abound at all levels, and bless them--but also curse them---the Eagles are bit of grumpy old men when it comes to unexpected changes and kinks in the system. So as soon as their was that itinerary mixup, I'm sure they were in a mood. At this stage in the game, and with Irving at the helm, I'm surprised this sort of mistake could and would occur, but things happen.

But sadly, it probably threw everything off, and sadly, the M&G folk had to suffer for it. That said, they aren't know for being effusive M&G-ers on tour--a simple search or perusal here could have told the organizers and participants that. So, in effect, they may have had expectations that were never going to be fulfilled anyway. Even if things had been going smoothly, I don't think they would have had a long and lengthy M&G. That's not who they are. And it doesn't mean they don't like their fans or value them--I think the Eagles think that their most valuable interaction with fans comes on stage and through the music. It's more than just their individual names and personalities--"Why meet them when its the songs that you truly like?" is probably their thought. And let's be honest, they're older, they're traveling a lot--they want to save their energy and momentum for performance time, not M&G. It's not cuddly or sweet, but it's the way they are. I don't think they do due to ego or money issues, per se--I think they do it because the show is the most important thing and everything else is just (annoying) static to them...

It's interesting this comes up, as Paul McCartney is playing Miller Park tomorrow nite in Milw., and in advance his people told media outlets that he will do no interviews, press, or M&Gs. So people are upset that he thinks he's "better than his fans," and all that. But some AR guy on the radio this morning pointed out that Paul's been doing this a looong time, and what is he going to say in press or a sound byte that he hasn't said before or that we haven't heard. As for the M&G, he said the same thing---he's been at it long enough not to have to do that sort of "schmaltz" anymore, and he owes his fans nothing more than putting on a good show...

I suppose you can put the same logic on the Eagles--they've been out and about successful; long enough to have earned the clout to set their own rules, and don't owe us anything more than they show we bought our tickets fo that night. That doesn't excuse them at all for being persnickety at the M&G, but I think circumstances all ready in motion from the mixed-up location had set things in motion to be rushed and impersonal.

And I do think this reviewer had it out for the band. His very obvious shoehorning-in that he was a musician who had already played the festival really set the tone for me that he was "marking his territory" as a new artist who had contempt for older (successful) artists. And all the naming of keys and arrangement changes...we get it, you know music. Stop viewing everything through your viewing of the documentary and your hipster irony and just watch the show. To me, the review was tainted from the start with his bias. Not that things hasn't already gone a bit cattywampus, but his anti-Eagle stance just bleeds thru everything and makes it seem all the worse. Nothing they would have done that night would have pleased him.

All I can say is that they seemed happy to be together and gelling on stage when I saw them in Milwaukee. I know that they go to their separate cars after the shows and I harbor no illusions that they make friendship bracelets for each other and exchange them on the bus. They're set in their ways. You just have to deal with it. On stage to me, there seemed to be a lot of gratitude and respect there, and between them. They've found a system that works for them to keep their sanity, and the band, together. And they still put on a good...hey, GREAT show. So what happens backstage doesn't really bother me. They're grown men--let them lead their professional lives how they like.

A very eloquent post, AEW.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Aew21! It was awesome in Louisville too!

Was it Glenn who said at the beginning - " no Christmas cards"?

Some short video clips from the festival

TS:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GHZmI_0YtA[/ame]

TIE:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7LgQZ7BKEc[/ame]

Doolin Dalton

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1qDkznqbb8[/ame]

Witchy Woman

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF000kSpH3Q[/ame]

Well, I see that they have their cameraman right on the stage...Blocking the view of Timothy......too bad! They don't allow cameras, only their guy who is a big dude & obstructing the view!!!

Very well said, AEW21!