Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Salmon Festival, Newfoundland, Canada - 7/13/13

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Salmon Festival, Newfoundland, Canada - 7/13/13

I can vouch for Don being nice to his fans too as I went to a meet & greet with him back several years ago. He was very gracious and kind. He talked with each of us, (about 20) signed several items for each one, and then we got a photo with him. It was awesome and I'll always cherish the memory.

I don't know what happened at this event, but it is very unusual.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The picture with the fans was posted on Facebook from EaglesFastlane..
    It is a group shot. I believe it was 20 fans. They said they stood out in the heat for an hour waiting to see them. They came out, took the picture & that's it. Some of the people who were there posted comments. Looks like the guys were not too happy as nobody had a smile on their face.

Here is the group photo....click on photo to enlarge it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I think its a really nice picture. Yeah, Bernie doesn't look too happy, but obviously the reviewer's description of the event was totally inaccurate. He has lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. That's an awesome souvenir for those fans.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It looks to me as if Joe's the only one that looks like he was pretty happy to do it. I do wish they all would smile more often. We know they can and when they do, it's always so nice to see.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I think its a really nice picture. Yeah, Bernie doesn't look too happy, but obviously the reviewer's description of the event was totally inaccurate. He has lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. That's an awesome souvenir for those fans.
    I don't think he was inaccurate. They came out, & took a group picture & left, It took about 1 minute... Is that a Meet & Greet? Well, it's not to me. They said nothing to the fans...Nothing. Now to me that is kind of an insult. When they said a photo, I thought each person would get a picture with them individually, not a group picture with everyone.

Also someone who was backstage, said they asked if the guys would autograph a guitar for the Diabetes Association to auction off & they said No.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Ha ha I thought photo op meant the Eagles stood there and the contest winners got to take THEIR picture, like animals in a zoo! That was what I thought the reviewer was saying was happening - I thought that would be extremely awkward! That's why when I saw the fans in the pic WITH the Eagles, I thought, well, this is better. I can see individual pics not happening, but not talking to the winners? So, all 5 Eagles just walked out, turned around for the picture, all the time saying nothing, not even, "how's everyone doing, thanks for coming out..." Completely mute - How awkward! I just can't envision that, from any band. Or any person - it is too rude and painful!! Not one word out of one of their mouths?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Also someone who was backstage, said they asked if the guys would autograph a guitar for the Diabetes Association to auction off & they said No.
    They would do that in a heartbeat if asked through the proper channels (and vetted). Any idiot can say it's for any charity and then sell it on eBay and pocket the cash. It happens all the time to bands too stupid (or uncaring) and fall for it. It's insulting to those who are really doing it for charity and have the brains to follow the proper channels.

ETA: Felder's book went into a lot of detail of the cunning and lying ways people had of trying to get autographs and especially of the entire band on one thing. Glenn has commented several times in past interviews of being nice to fans and seeing it on eBay later. Or it could have been Henley or both. It was a few years ago and I can't remember.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    They would do that in a heartbeat if asked through the proper channels (and vetted). Any idiot can say it's for any charity and then sell it on eBay and pocket the cash. It happens all the time to bands too stupid (or uncaring) and fall for it. It's insulting to those who are really doing it for charity and have the brains to follow the proper channels.

ETA: Felder's book went into a lot of detail of the cunning and lying ways people had of trying to get autographs and especially of the entire band on one thing. Glenn has commented several times in past interviews of being nice to fans and seeing it on eBay later. Or it could have been Henley or both. It was a few years ago and I can't remember.
    Well, I guess that could happen, but not just anyone can get backstage, They are usually pretty strict about that....This guy said they were legit Not everyone is a lying crook!
    I don't know if they went through channels or not, but they refused. Just reporting what this guy said.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't think he was inaccurate. They came out, & took a group picture & left, It took about 1 minute... Is that a Meet & Greet? Well, it's not to me. They said nothing to the fans...Nothing. Now to me that is kind of an insult. When they said a photo, I thought each person would get a picture with them individually, not a group picture with everyone.
    Not to belabor this, but unless you were actually there or have psychic powers, you have no idea what went on at the photo op - no more than anyone else here. You have made your feelings quite clear with your repeated post in this thread. I don't know why you feel the need to beat a dead horse.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016