Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1774

Thread: Every picture tells a story

Default Re: Every picture tells a story

Thought I'd show ya'll my newest acquistion. I've long been a fan of Dr. Z amps after hearing Joe play them and hearing him talk about them. So I had to do it.

I treated myself to an early Christmas gift in the form of trading in a couple guitars and went to Chicago Tuesday and picking one up after trying several.

It has the Eagles sound in SPADES. Amazing amp. I can't wait to get it onstage next year and play some Eagles tunes. It's probably my favorite amp I have.

I love the aesthetics, very retro so I had to post a pic here.

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

Good for you, WalshFan! I can feel your excitement coming through and am happy for you. I know nothing about amps, but it does have very retro, cool aesthetics!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Thought I'd show ya'll my newest acquistion. I've long been a fan of Dr. Z amps after hearing Joe play them and hearing him talk about them. So I had to do it.

I treated myself to an early Christmas gift in the form of trading in a couple guitars and went to Chicago Tuesday and picking one up after trying several.

It has the Eagles sound in SPADES. Amazing amp. I can't wait to get it onstage next year and play some Eagles tunes. It's probably my favorite amp I have.

I love the aesthetics, very retro so I had to post a pic here.

Very cool Austin ! I am happy for you. I have no musical talent or training. Is that a old amp or just made to look like one ? Do all the Eagles play with old amps from way back when ? Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Good for you, WalshFan! I can feel your excitement coming through and am happy for you. I know nothing about amps, but it does have very retro, cool aesthetics!
    Thank you!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Very cool Austin ! I am happy for you. I have no musical talent or training. Is that a old amp or just made to look like one ? Do all the Eagles play with old amps from way back when ? Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks.
    No problem! Thanks. The guys mostly used old Fender amps in the studio and live in the 70s.

Dr. Z makes new amps and this is a recent one. They came about actually in the 90s. Joe first started using one on the HFO tour, so I've known about them awhile.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I promised I would post a picture of my visit to Winslow 'standing on the corner' when I got back from my trip. Finally, I thought about actually doing it! I was pretty disappointed in the statue. I don't think it looks like him at all, but I'm thrilled I got to see it. I hope it's not too big! I do good to post a picture, let alone resize!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You look great with the statue Brooke, although I agree it doesn't resemble Glenn as much as it could IMHO. Its a lovly place tgough - I really enjoyed Winslow when I was there
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is a wonderful picture, Brooke. I was also disappointed in the statue, although I think there is some mild resemblance. Still, I don't regret my visit to Winslow though even if I was not at all impressed with the Standin' On the Corner Foundation for several reasons.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Rebel

Great picture, Brooke! Like everyone else, I don't think the statue shows a great resemblance. I'm happy you got the photo op though!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thank you! I'm so glad I got to go! It's a nice town and I'm glad they honored Glenn along with Jackson!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten