Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Every picture tells a story

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It does look like it has much potential, Ga! Hope the remodeling goes fast for you. It's not much fun living in it when it's being done. Be sure to show us your new kitchen when it's all finished!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    It does look like it has much potential, Ga! Hope the remodeling goes fast for you. It's not much fun living in it when it's being done. Be sure to show us your new kitchen when it's all finished!
    Of course I will. Its not too bad at the moment as I still have my original kitchen intact. The fun begins next week when they break through the old wall to integrate the newly built part and the original part!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hang in there GA - Hopefully, when you get your new enlarged kitchen, it will have been worth all the mess.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

GA, we've been through the kitchen extension as well. Fortunately, we were on holiday (in Ireland!) for the worst of it, but it was well worth it. We were lucky enough to have a good summer, and did most of our cooking on the bbq. Hang in there!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Don't worry, GA - once your kitchen has been completed, all shiny and new, you will forget all about the inconvenience building it caused!

Brooke, I'm loving your deck - it's so picturesque! Dr No is adorable!

GEF, it looks as though you have a beautiful home. I love your cat - what breed is she/he? My mom always used to call them "cross cats", as they have a look of permanent "crossness" on their faces, which I find so cute!

DF, "Muffin" is such a cute name for a cat! And it also reminds me of what I've been eating too much of lately... Don't worry, I started cycling again on Monday, after a 7-month layoff, so I'll be burning some of those muffin calories! I do want my figure back by the time I meet Glenn ...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Thanks for your good wishes everyone Unfortunately GEF, BBQing is not very likely in this so called summer, although in any ordinary summer would be great. I'm very tempted to take the kids away to sunnier climes for a week or two, even if hubby can't get off work. They are so pale from lack of sunshine. Anyone know what the weather forecast for Niagara Falls is over the next few weeks? They would so love to see a 'big waterfall'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, an acquaintance of mine has recently just returned from a two-week holiday in Canada, and apparently the weather there is very pleasant - quite hot, in fact. I would imagine Glenn would get quite a nice tan while staying there for his concerts on 16 and 17 August... I'm still sour because I can't go and see him, but I knew there was a reason I can't go, and recently the band and I were informed of our lead guitarist's plans to have his 50th birthday party on 18 August (his birthday is actually on 22 August), and we have been asked to play there! So if I'd gone to see Glenn , I would have missed out on his party!

I would imagine that is a good enough reason. What do you all think?

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    I love your cat - what breed is she/he? My mom always used to call them "cross cats", as they have a look of permanent "crossness" on their faces, which I find so cute!
    MF, Gemma is a long-haired non-pedigree moggy. I like your mom's expression! Gemma does tend to look cross, although she's very sweet natured.

DF, I've seen pictures of Muffin, and they could be sisters! Gemma is at least 17 years old though.

GA, you are having the same weather as us. Last night we managed a barbecue for the first time in about two months, and this came over the house.

Brooke, I recommend a chiminea. We eat outside as much as possible, even out of season, and it's nice to have some warmth.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Wow, I missed a lot in this thread. Too much to comment all.
    Beautiful photos and the one GA posted... messy.
    Brooke, you really named your dog Dr. No? That's too funny. I like this name.

I didn't know where to put this it's appropriate here as well as in the home life thread I think.

Next weekend there is a big event in Bremen it's called Badeinselregatta, I can only translate it word for word, bathing isle regatta. I know this is wrong but you get the idea when you look at the photos.
    It happens every year. Even I never took active part in that it's a lot of fun to see with which method people try to get ahead.
    The distance what they have to manage is 1,6 km. And they only have their arms and legs. Before it starts they have to run over the isles and you can imagine nobody reached the 100th so far.
    After the award ceremony a big party starts and ends at 12 pm with a huge fireworks.

Here are some photos from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    GA, an acquaintance of mine has recently just returned from a two-week holiday in Canada, and apparently the weather there is very pleasant - quite hot, in fact. I would imagine Glenn would get quite a nice tan while staying there for his concerts on 16 and 17 August... I'm still sour because I can't go and see him, but I knew there was a reason I can't go, and recently the band and I were informed of our lead guitarist's plans to have his 50th birthday party on 18 August (his birthday is actually on 22 August), and we have been asked to play there! So if I'd gone to see Glenn , I would have missed out on his party!

I would imagine that is a good enough reason. What do you all think?
    MF, I think thats a perfect reason I'm sure your friend would be really upset if you weren't able to play for his birthday celebration. I'm sure Glenn will totally understand.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP