Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia, PA - 7/16/13

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Philadelphia, PA - 7/16/13

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    did u notice if they had larger sizes or were they all "womens cuts"?
    not to be blunt but I need room for the' girls" and Ihope they have a nice selection of styles that would cover
    LOL !!

They had plenty of 2XL shirts. I understand the need to have enough space for "The Girls"

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Here are some pics !!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Patty
    Thank you for the photos

WW-

Great pictures, thanks! Glad you enjoyed the show!

Next time I need to try these crab fries. I've never heard of them, but they sound yummy...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

NYCF and WW, I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Like everyone else here, I knew you would!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    The minute Don and Glenn walked out and sat down to sing, I knew this was my dream Eagles concert. Glenn on a stool, Don on a road box, singing Saturday Night. Don’s voice (to me) does not seem to have diminished one bit over the years. It has a different tone, but is still so crisp and clear, it just gave me chills. Glenn added some lovely harmonies and I just could not believe I was getting to experience this total and complete awesomeness. The way the stage was set up, with some amps and road boxes seemingly casually strewn around for them to sit on, and the drum kit in the corner and those fabulous mood lights really did make you feel like you were peeking in on a band just sitting around practicing some songs. It was a stunning effect.

I could not even believe what I was seeing up on stage for this entire first part of the concert. Huge kudos to them for presenting this type of show for their long-time fans. I know from the reaction of some around us that the deeper cuts were a bit lost of them (chatterboxes during Doolin’ Dalton), but to fans like me it was just such a huge gift, and I am so very grateful and lucky to have gotten to experience it. It was just something that I will never forget (even with my horrible memory).

Sorry if this was waaaaaaay too long. I just can’t believe the show I got to see last night. It was such an emotional journey for my friends and me. For fans like everyone on this board, it is the perfect musical journey, led by the quintessential American band. How very, very lucky I was to be able to see it. If you can possibly swing it, please do. It was incredible.
    Oh NYCF, these parts just nearly had me crying at my desk this morning! Your review is just absolutely amazing and never could it be too long! Thank you so much.

I so hope they do not change anything before October. We know they tend to do this as the tour goes on.

Please, please, please guys, don't change anything at all. I need to see all of this in October!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I totally agree, Brooke. I'm so crossing my fingers that nothing changes so that everyone going gets to see the full show in all of its glory!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It does look like Bernie is doing the full tour....at least for this leg anyway.
    I guess we'll see about the fall dates, but so far looks like he's a permanent addition!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    A couple of major mistakes there; Henley playing piano, Frey singing lead on Those Shoes, and no mention of NKIT.

ETA: Looked at the setlist in the other link. Thank goodness.
    Julie, did you see this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pWMfVnzS4zU

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post

Well, I have now.

It's times like that that make everything worthwhile. I liked the little flurry of drum fills Don did at the end. Is that restrained enough?!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

i love it !!!!!!