Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - 7/19/13

Default Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - 7/19/13

I'll write more later because I'm on my phone in the car now, but in a word - AMAZING!!! It was everything I imagined and more. Thanks to everyone here for all your kind words before the show. I didn't take pictures because I was going for total immersion, but I'll tell you all how it went.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - 7/19/13

WE, I knew you'd have a good time!!!! Definitely tell us all about it, as I'm really looking forward to the next two shows.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That's great WE. Delighted you had such as great time. Looking forward to reading all about it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Joe put this on Facebook:

What a wonderful moment to meet the Corcoran Family backstage here in Boston tonight. Bless you and this great city!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Awww!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Border Rebel

I really enjoyed it as well. We got home at 1:30 am last night (took us ages to get out of the parking lot) so my brain's not awake enough to put together a decent review, but just a few random thoughts:

The guys seemed very relaxed and were enjoying themselves on stage. Don started off asking if everyone was toasty (as it was very warm) or maybe toasted. Then he said maybe that came later. Then he introduced Bernie, saying Linda recommended him because he was a great guitarist and banjo player, and then he, Glenn and Bernie were laughing and making banjo jokes. During the conversation parts in the first part, it was very difficult to hear what they were saying (for those of us in the back anyway), especially when Glenn was talking. I felt badly, though, because during one intro to a song, a fairly big section of the crowd started yelling "Turn it up" and they kept it up through what Glenn was saying, which was really rude. They effectively ruined any chance i had of hearing him. They did turn the volume up after that, but still...

Everything sounded great. The song list seemed the same as what's been mentioned in previous show. Joe was wild and fantastic, spot on in everything, and SO energetic. He introduced "Life's Been Good" by dedicating it to all the young people at the show who grew up listening to the Eagles because their parents listened to them all the time and probably drove them crazy. Then he said "Welcome to an Eagles concert" and "We're not so bad" (or something like that). My son had been waiting for that song and felt like it was his own personal introduction as that's definitely been his experience with the Eagles! My son also REALLY liked both of Timothy's songs and a there were girls in either side of us who were definitely fans of TBS (in a good way -singing along and very excited when his songs came on.) He sounded fantastic -- you'd never know he had just had the surgery this year.

The cheap seats (better know as the lawn) were better than I thought they'd be. You coudn't see the stage that well, but it was kind of a fun and relaxed atmosphere, sitting on stadium seats on a blanket barefoot, and getting up and dancing when you wanted to with a little space to move around. Most of the people in the section were pretty respectful, although methinks you could almost get high breathing the air up there at times!

I have lots more to say but this post is getting really long, so I'll continue in a little bit. Needless to say, it was an awesome show!

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    I'll write more later because I'm on my phone in the car now, but in a word - AMAZING!!! It was everything I imagined and more. Thanks to everyone here for all your kind words before the show. I didn't take pictures because I was going for total immersion, but I'll tell you all how it went.

I like that one word! I'm going on Thursday, can hardly wait!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Joe put this on Facebook:

The is amazing ,love joe

You'd think if there was any show for the guys to go on one of their anti-Rolling Stone magazine rants, it would have been tonight's. Perhaps better to instead focus on positive energy and healing ways of music instead...

Can't wait for more reviews. Glad y'all had a good time!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I figured y'all would have a blast. Thanks for the review Mary. Can't wait to hear more from you and WE. These guys are not so bad, indeed, huh! And that was an awesome Tweet and picture from Joe.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016